Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
someone will keep it up probably, but it would be nice if current administrators, should they plan to close shop, could provide some db dumps of forum, wiki, and bugzilla
that's more or less already done / included (fail back?)

http://forums.internettablettalk.com...59#post1064159

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Why not just move on? Nothing good will ever come from clinging to the past.

A good starting point is here. Even though it may not be 100% what you want, it is at least 90%, it is MeeGo, it is tablet, and it is open for everybody:
http://wetab.mobi/en/developers/
It's tablet only, so it's basically an overpriced toy. Not so strongly applying as for Android Tabs and especially the iPad(s), but still.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
need to find a way to either
- build a flash from a clean (open) source on the fly
- install Maemo like a normal Linux / GNU distro, directly from source (or an armel DVD / USB / image)
i'm too unfamiliar with mobile devices to see the exact solution, sorry
I worked with WinCE 2.11/2.12-based IVI devices running on SH4 / H8 in 2000-2002 (WinCE kernel builder, anyone?) and later with mobile-based ticketing while also hacking Siemens SX1 Symbian firmware, so i am a _bit_ familiar with mobile environments. But i'm neither a coder nor a hardware developer, i'm more fit with regards to build management / distributed version management / software testing. I have access to one guy who works with OMAP / Cortex A8 / DaVinci, BeagleBoards / PandaBoards etc. that i could get some infos from.

Of course tying Maemo only to hardware that becomes obsolete at some point / is already obsolete (N**0) should not be a goal, but what choices do you have besides tablets / netbooks? Phones / PDAs (do they still exist?) that could run Maemo (and i mean run as if in nearly consumer ready, like CyanogenMod ROMs for Droids) are rare... driver issues / firmware blob's / DSP issues etc.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-08-04 at 18:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
...I would love being able to obtain recent Droid HW w/ HWKB, wipe the flash, and install Maemo / MeeGo on it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
[...]
Of course tying Maemo only to hardware that becomes obsolete at some point / is already obsolete (N**0) should not be a goal, but what choices do you have besides tablets / netbooks? Phones / PDAs (do they still exist?) that could run Maemo (and i mean run as if in nearly consumer ready, like CyanogenMod ROMs for Droids) are rare... driver issues / firmware blob's / DSP issues etc.
how about starting with the N900 (or a N8x0)?
@ least it is known territory for a starter.
then N9 as it becomes available, any other MeeGo device NOKIA may throw our way...
maybe wp devices?

and if it is possible to run NITDroid on the N900, it should also be possible to port Maemo to Android devices, no?
considering all the fuss about Android's questionable openness, it might even get a lot of interest

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I have created this thread because of the posts i have made off topic on other threads to do with the future of this community.

Please note very clearly that i will report every post that is trolling, name calling, flaming and off topic.

For everyone who wants Maemo to survive then an input to this thread could very well get somewhere, we have lost many members who have moved on leaving Maemo.org to fend for itself, i feel survival is a real issue here for Maemo.org.
abill_uk you really have to be kidding!

You are the one saying Maemo is dead meego is dead Nokia doesnt support Meego/maemo and other trolling...

Here is the facts:

* Nokia still supports Maemo.org by hosting it
* Nokia still has developers working on N9xx CE (that includes N900)
* Meego Harmattan is much of what Maemo6 is and much stuff is now backported to, yes N900.

But if you mean Maemo.org well I dont mind if this site closed down cause 95% of whats hjere now is garbage, false rumor, offtopic discussions and NO improvements to the community.

Personally I hate being here to much cause everytime I come hear it start with I posting to stupid pointless threads!

I hope formeego.org will make this change in a positive way and people starts to actually contribute with apps, ideas, testing, documentation instead of starting 1000 similar stupid thread for no reason.

Now instead of starting those new thread contribute instead to the MeegoCE by helping improve N900CE that way Maemo is still alive.

But I guess its more simple start yet another thread...

And no this is not a personal attack to just you there are several people here who probadly agree with you for same reason: They dont have a clue about the real facts and how bussiness actually works or doing everything to misunderstand the facts.

Probadly cause we all is sick of Nokias directorsboard but we cant blame ALL on them!

I know there are still people inside Nokia&thirdpartys who still beleive in Meego(or more exacly Maemo Harmattan) but if the community leaves or troll all the time why the hell should they continue work on CE!?

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-08-04 at 18:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Why not just move on? Nothing good will ever come from clinging to the past.

A good starting point is here. Even though it may not be 100% what you want, it is at least 90%, it is MeeGo, it is tablet, and it is open for everybody:
http://wetab.mobi/en/developers/
Exactly:

Move on in case of N900 is Meego900CE and formeego.org.

Some may say "this is not possible" cause its to slow but actually it improves every week. And they (=Nokia employers and thirdpartys) still tweeking to make it improve.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-08-04 at 18:54.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
one hilarious story by the way ,read till the end http://tabulacrypticum.wordpress.com...-me/#more-3573

Tags
fuuck you, good intentions, innocent troll