Notices

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
I got it working, why would you not include the icon and config files with the extras-devel package???
Well, if you read the other messages in this thread then more than half of it is about searching for a solution on how to include them.
-If you know how to include them please tell us!

applications such as this. The scroll bars as well. I don't think they should be reduced in size - I just think you should consider giving the user an option on these things. Because when it comes down to it the purpose of a widget is indeed personalization and ease of the user. Just some constructive criticism. As you can see, I am using it thus I find it to be a worthy widget.
User choice and ease of use is quite important to us
However, the version in extras-devel is very old now. But we wont upload a new version until the problem with inclusion of icons into evtra-devel are solved
Anyway, here is a screenshot of the new bookmarksystem.
Attached Images

Last edited by electroaudio; 2011-09-17 at 09:15.

Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
Hi
It's not written in the widget to snap to the top of the screen (tested it right now), so I assume you have snap to grid activated with some high value (maybe).
There wont be a gui for configuration.We try to keep the application as small as possible and it's easy changing the values in the file. We have 5 config files right now and I don't think you are changing the properties that often.
I don't like to use the stylus for these things. Nevertheless I plan making all / most of the gui elements configurable. Right now I have to do some other work, so electroaudio can continue his.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
... for which I don't have enough time right now.
Yes
Did you bump your thread? Did you ask in IRC again? Did you send some PM?
It's so much easier to just talk than to really do something. And I am
disappointed with your "I don't know, I don't care" attitude and now you want to "leave the team" without any results? And without saying that clearly? Except for some hints how we should do the work?

Originally Posted by sethkha View Post
There wont be a gui for configuration.
I will look into doing it from zenity, or atleast try to do a simple leafpad launcher for that But not right now

Right now I have to do some other work, so electroaudio can continue his.
...Fully at work: Writing documentation and painting icons on all my spare time
-Have even dropped a girl i was dating because this was more interesting

Originally Posted by sethkha View Post
Yes
Did you bump your thread? Did you ask in IRC again? Did you send some PM?
It's so much easier to just talk than to really do something. And I am
disappointed with your "I don't know, I don't care" attitude and now you want to "leave the team" without any results? And without saying that clearly? Except for some hints how we should do the work?
I still opt for fact that You're a little over-reactive. Anyway, I won't ask in IRC, cause I was given constructive answer - to check source file from Garage page, most likely of some theme. Apparently, it's much easier to check it, that explain script syntax on IRC/forum.

Also, I won't check it myself, cause I have no idea what I would be checking - it's useless, while I have no idea of process at all. I would love to learn "everything" about packaging, and surely I'll someday, but I've said honestly, that I don't have time for such complex learning now, between other projects.

On the other hand, Your demanding stance is totally out of the line here. If I would be developer, I would be interested on putting my program to repos, and appreciate (and respect...) every help given. Instead, You're pissed of by fact, that someone is not giving You a ready-to-go solution, leaving with "only" quite certain way to go (that plenty of other devs followed already). In this light, I'm really happy of fact that Electroaudio is practically taking over developing it.

---

About much more constructive matters - I totally agree that icons can be much smaller, being finger-friendly at the same time. Even judging by electroaudio's screenshots. Of course, giving user a customization chance is always best.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-09-17 at 13:35.

I still opt for fact that You're a little over-reactive. Anyway, I won't ask in IRC, cause I was given constructive answer - to check source file from Garage page, most likely of some theme.
Sure, you'd like it more if I simply shut up. You were given the "look how the others do it" answer, and you are happy with that?
No problem from my side here, but...

Apparently, it's much easier to check it... I won't check it myself... I don't have time for such complex learning now, between...

On the other hand, Your demanding stance is totally out of the line ... You're pissed of by fact, that someone is not giving You a ready-to-go solution...
You say you'll do it, and if I wait for results it's a demanding stance? I am not waiting for someone. I curse them for not helping us. But no one promised to help except you. Of course I expected you to give me a ready to go solution. That's what I am talking about all the time. Didn't you get it? I'd say everyone involved in deskypplet expects the others to do what is said. It's not different in all projects in the world. If you don't like this, simply stay away. I appreciate help, but you are not helping, you are wasting my time.

In this light, I'm really happy of fact that Electroaudio is practically taking over developing it.
My older brother is much stronger than your older brother

About much more constructive matters ...
This topic was already discussed. That's what you call constructive

Again You're cutting quotations in a manipulative way. I've written about (somehow) complex task of learning compiling/scratchbox/make or autobuilder scripts at all, not about examining sources. I've done it already, and it was waste of time, because I lack knowledge about makefiles (etc.), that You (or pulseaudio) already got.

Last time, when we get "look how others do it" answer, we though that it's impossible, cause .deb package lack autobuilder's script. This time, we know that we can look at garage source page, because it contains everything needed to put it in autobuilder. So, in current circumstances, "look how others have done" is 100% constructive answer.

If I would not care, I would not write here anything. To be honest, I don't even use Deskypplet - actually, I find terminal much more convenient. Ho ever, I think Deskypplet is interesting package, that may be useful for many (or me in future), so I offered to help. NOT to give You ready solution, because I'm probably unable to. I've did what I promised - helped as much as I can, considering my knowledge/skills about this topic limitations.

On the other hand, You're acting like You don't care about it landing in repos - "if other want it in repos, they should do it with my program". You've ever said in the past something like "You suggested it should be in repos, so do it, I would not". Now, You're also trying to mop me for sharing my opinion about icons size

Acting childlish like that, You want get much support for Your project. No big deal, after all - if that is what You want to achieve, then blame Community for not being helpful. In fact, even qwerty in the oldie' times wasn't as arrogant as You, but, he at least good awesome skills in pair.

Of course, it's Your widget project, so, considering that we absolutely doesn't "match" in personal level, I would just simply drop writing here, at least until (if) someone more meritocratic/competent pick up developing this as "project leader". Anyway, in terms of repositories I've helped as much as I can, and You're not interested in hearing other opinions, if they're not to Your liking. So, no much loss. On my side also, honestly

Good luck.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

I'm really happy of fact that Electroaudio is practically taking over developing it.
It is still Sethkha that does the development, i only do necessary stuff around it...

Here are some new screenshots
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
...Looks nice, doesnt it?
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post: