Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Chuck you're so stoic & manly... juskiddin!

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-09-17 at 19:25.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
You are damn right! Both me and n9 is very well built.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
well final date should have been announced by now.

i mean... later developed outsourced belle its done, (or getting released without much test)

n950 felt nice, n9 SHOULD be complete.

The Following User Says Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
well final date should have been announced by now.

i mean... later developed outsourced belle its done, (or getting released without much test)

n950 felt nice, n9 SHOULD be complete.
I think we all agree that we would like the N9 to be available by now, but even all of us combined (*) probably do not have enough relevant information and insight as to know when it should be considered ready for the launch...

I'd prefer to have it a bit later than half-baked.

(*): well, that does not include Chuck Norris, of course...

Originally Posted by 0x4e84 View Post
I think we all agree that we would like the N9 to be available by now, but even all of us combined (*) probably do not have enough relevant information and insight as to know when it should be considered ready for the launch...

I'd prefer to have it a bit later than half-baked.
That is true. However, informed customer is happy customer. I would like to know date of public availability. It's too damn hard to wait so long. Announcement took ages to happen and now another endless wait? If Nokia make a statement now that I will be able to buy N9 on 27.10.2011 I would be a happy guy! But if I had to wait until that day without any information, that would be just too cruel... Silence is bad. Really really bad.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babraq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by babraq View Post
That is true. However, informed customer is happy customer. I would like to know date of public availability. It's too damn hard to wait so long. Announcement took ages to happen and now another endless wait? If Nokia make a statement now that I will be able to buy N9 on 27.10.2011 I would be a happy guy! But if I had to wait until that day without any information, that would be just too cruel... Silence is bad. Really really bad.
I understand your point. On another hand, I also understand that Nokia would rather wait until they can be sure about a precise date, just a few weeks in the future, then announce it and stick to it.

If they'd announced a precise date 2-3 months in advance and could not stick to it for any reason (the industrial process for those gorgeous polycabonate shells, for example, must be a pretty harsh one to fine-tune and optimize...), I'd guess this would have generated some heat among impatient fans...

Furthermore, the general strategy seems to be incremental availability, by region, rather than a simultaneous worldwide availability. That must make sense from a logistic point of view...

N9 is up for pre-orders in Russia:

http://nokiaru.polldaddy.com/s/buy-n9

23990 RUB / 570 EUR for the 16 Gb version in black, light blue or pink
25990 RUB / 615 EUR for the 64 Gb version in black ony

EDIT:
1. If you think this might be fake due to the polldaddy domain, go to www.nokia.ru and click on the n9 link on the bottom left.
2. They don't give a release date and it's not clear if filling the form will guarantee your pre-order or not.

Last edited by pedroesteban; 2011-09-17 at 22:09.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pedroesteban For This Useful Post:
N9 is also up for pre-order from two retailers in Kazakhstan.

The official Nokia Kazakhstan website (http://kz.nokia.com/home) links to Technohouse and Sulpak:

http://www.technodom.kz/actions/discount/69669/
http://www.sulpak.kz/coming_soons.ph...ENT_ID=1427181

Both retailers are taking pre-orders for the 16 Gb version. The pre-order price is 99990 KZT / 490 EUR.

Sulpak has confirmed a release date: September 30.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pedroesteban For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 0x4e84 View Post
I understand your point. On another hand, I also understand that Nokia would rather wait until they can be sure about a precise date, just a few weeks in the future, then announce it and stick to it.

If they'd announced a precise date 2-3 months in advance and could not stick to it for any reason (the industrial process for those gorgeous polycabonate shells, for example, must be a pretty harsh one to fine-tune and optimize...), I'd guess this would have generated some heat among impatient fans...

Furthermore, the general strategy seems to be incremental availability, by region, rather than a simultaneous worldwide availability. That must make sense from a logistic point of view...
Nokia is known for not keeping promises (e.g. N8) and Elop wants to shake off that reputation, hence the silence. But that's only my speculation.

Incremental availability from a logistic point of view makes perfect sense. But one thing should be clarified - price. If they have any reason for delay the device, price should be the same no matter what, no? So why not announce that? I know that Nokia Finland did, but why not other countries?

When was last blogpost published dedicated to N9 on Nokia Conversations blog? Nothing new since then? Blogpost about how hard it is to manufacture such phone or if video calling will be there on launch or which apps will be available, would be reaaaally appreciated.

Damn, N9 from June 21st looked finnished! That is almost 3 months now! Did somebody spotted any bugs or unfinished work?

I'm really eager to hold this device in my hand so I am pretty biased. Ah.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babraq For This Useful Post:
Nokia is known for not keeping promises (e.g. N8) and Elop wants to shake off that reputation, hence the silence. But that's only my speculation.
I fully agree on your speculation.

Incremental availability from a logistic point of view makes perfect sense. But one thing should be clarified - price. If they have any reason for delay the device, price should be the same no matter what, no? So why not announce that? I know that Nokia Finland did, but why not other countries?
My turn to wildly speculate: to avoid giving competition an edge? Showing their cards too early could let other players time to adjust their own offers...

The wait is probably almost over now. They need to launch it well in time for the holiday (X-Mas) shopping anyway...

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????