Active Topics

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
Also, I noted that you only used one space after the period following the word "paragraph". Please use the two, as is standard. The same applies for your period followed by an emoticon.
Bzzt! Wrong.

This is a throwback to days of monospace typewriters. Today we have computers, and computers have a wonderful and amazing thing known as proportional-width fonts. These proportional-width fonts automatically use the correct amount of spacing (for good visual flow) after a period. Almost all modern style manuals recommend a single space after a period. You, sir, are the incorrect one.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
BTW, what is the correct spacing for a period followed by a period .................................................. ..............................?

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Lake Wobegon, Minnesota
Different stroke and all that. After owning several Palm Pilots over the years and a Dell V51 I am very satisfied with my N800 I bought just two weeks ago. This forum is especially good for newbies. I will wait for a while before upgrading to 2008 version. Don't have to have a the newest. Once the 2008 system has been out for awhile and Skype and FM radio and other programs I use are ready for prime time then I will upgrade. Until then I am liking this for what it was intended. A quick way to access the net and grab emails while away from my desktop. BTW, have you ver found anything such as software, hardware etc. that was completely satisfactory right out of the box?

@ testerj

Tell me what sites make your browser crash! I think you just enjoy whining at the internets. But yeah, prove me wrong..

So links to sites that make your browser crash or STFU

Last edited by traveller604; 2007-12-09 at 23:34.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Well, theese new iPaq's were announced very long ago, and still no sign in stores. Bad feeling.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Toronto
I'd gladly supply a list of internet sites if I wanted you to know what I do and where I hang out, I have listed some sites that don't display as expected. I have gone into some limited detail and others have said they agree in different areas and not in others. I have previous experience in quality assurance I could express a hell of a lot more bugs than I have even mentioned. I have expressed openly how I feel about the device and what I expect, quite frankly I am glad that so many of you are happy about what you have and you still can't call work out why neither devices are in the top 10. My point is simply this, your right... the 770/800/810 may actually be quite a new technology device (depending on how you look at it, however personally these devices existed in my mind for years), but you should really call it the Nokia IT Beta and actively advertise that a knowledge beyond basic application usage and installation may be required. Really all I expected my IT to do was:
1. Play music and video/movies (in websites or not)
2. Download my Pop3 account without stopping and bugging out
3. Chat on instant messenger with or without web cam with PC/Mac/Linux users
4. Something that feels like the internet in my hand without all the limitations

I don't hate my device, I am just sincerely disappointed that it did not even live close to my expectations, hence my description that it never came out of alpha

It does seem to be a device with the future in mind, but it almost feels like a BMW without an engine, nice to look at but nothing to move it forward.

Great to be excited about a device that 'may' change the landscape, but the internet tablet reminds me of a running race, that has 2 full laps, the first lap Nokia is well ahead of everyone else, but by the time the 2nd lap comes up, Nokia loses steam and the others fly past and take all the credit.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
So which website exactly makes your browser crash?

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Don't bother, free. testerj doesn't want help, he just wants to make noises.

Originally Posted by technut View Post
Don't bother, free. testerj doesn't want help, he just wants to make noises.
Exactly

If like 50% of websites make his N800's browser crash it shouldn't be that difficult to name even one site..

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by traveller604 View Post
Exactly

If like 50% of websites make his N800's browser crash it shouldn't be that difficult to name even one site..
The IMDb site (this one) crashes my -- ITOS2007 based -- N800 every time, if I'm not quick enough with the stop button. I figure some popup ad plays merry havock with Opera.

It's not 50%, but I'm using it quite a lot, what with having a tv and no life at all.