Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Pffft....
Dig through any Apple forum & you'll find a cacophony of issues/complaints.
Plus Apple only has one form-factor to worry about, Nokia juggles several.
What's your point...

Oh that's right I forgot, this is you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xo3hFEWScA

Get a life iBoy.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-09-18 at 05:15.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
<SNIP>....AND they aready stated NO SUPPORT FORTHCOMING <SNIP>
Wot?
Please, please, dear god please... stop talking.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-09-18 at 05:17.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
As always you never see any problems with Nokia!

Nokia Sweden DID say 23 sept FOR SWEDEN! no it seems this was wrong.

And not giving a release plan is also plain stupid. How seriouus is that!?!? And in the history Nokia has failed alot with releases.

Just take bloated symbian, where you is the only person who doesnt see any problem!?

symbian anna with ovistore still not working on C7 several people at Nokia sweden complains and has problem with Anna update on N8.

Nokia is failing even more now cause of Elop and you still is naive and dont see any problems with Nokia!?

maybe you should start work at marketing deparment at Nokia, they also seems to need alot of people...
I have seen those "problems". They are more like "should I open the can before or after I start pouring the beer?".

Anyway, the point is I don't give frak if Nokia "succeed" or "fail" or the N9 is sold here or there or wherever, or if total m0rons aren't able to pour themselves a beer (update their software).

The only thing important to me is:
Is device Y cool?
if YES then get it
else move on

Now, "cool" is a very subjective thing. What is cool to me isn't cool to you. Even though Android sucks IMO, the SGS2 is a very cool device, as is the new "tabloid/phone" thingy. If Nokia should totally **** up the release date (with a day or two) does nothing wrt my cool impression of the N9.

Nokia has done a series of mistakes during the last 4-5 years, but Elop is not part of those mistakes. You may dislike or "hate" Elop and MS and WP and so on, but your (crippled) emotional life is no measuring stick for Nokias failure/success. It's as simple as that.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Wot?
Please, please, dear god please... stop talking.
Your problem is your in at the deepend and you cannot see the clearside of this.

Bring yourself back to reality and remember what Nokia did WITHOUT Elop.

They screwed us on Maemo and they screwed up Meego by pulling support away and this WAS Elop involved.

Why can you not see that Elop does NOT have any interest in Meego at all in any way or form, look at the direction he is making Nokia go...WP.

Everyone buying this N9 is for sure 100% not going to be happy at all because Meego is a non entity now and has been stated so many many times everywhere on the net.

Meego has failed and everyone who can actually see clear is saying this not just me ok.

Look at the future and see what is happening in the mobile development world, you will see where it is going, now take a look back at Meego and the N9, just how long do you think it will be before the N9 is long past and forgotton????.

Everyone needs to look further now and see this BEFORE being ripped off once again by Nokia.

NOKIA IS WP NOW NOT MEEGO.

You might hate WP and you have that right but the facts are facts and we do not have a choice.
The world of mobile technology HAS moved on even from the N9 so move with it or face let down once again.

FVCK NOKIA AND FVCK ELOP i am not interested in either and guess what.....i actually have the right to say and feel the way i do and am NOT dragged in like many on this thread about the N9 farce.

Roll on January as it is only around the corner.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Oh that's right I forgot, this is you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xo3hFEWScA
I like this one better...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Your problem is your in at the deepend and you cannot see the clearside of this.
And let me guess... you do?

Bring yourself back to reality and remember what Nokia did WITHOUT Elop.
They launched the Nokia Internet Tablets before anybody else was doing it. They had a decent form factor, an open source based OS, and didn't market it.

They came out with the N96 for almost $800 when the iPhone was selling for less and taking their lunch. It was sold too high, did too little and had way too many bugs.

And this same pre-Elop era also stopped/restarted Maemo 5 times and didn't push that into more than one device at a time with a very small group of engineers.

Exchange N96 for N9 and the rest still stands.

Why can you not see that Elop does NOT have any interest in Meego at all in any way or form, look at the direction he is making Nokia go...WP.
Name one more active handset manufacturer that has ongoing MeeGo support... right now.

I'll be waiting.

It seems that nobody has any interest in MeeGo outside of the auto OEM's and a few other manufacturers. Two netbooks, one tablet sold only in Germany, another tab sold so randomly I've yet to see it ever - if it's being sold that is - and a yet to be released N9. Oh... and the developer only N950. That is it.

Everyone buying this N9 is for sure 100% not going to be happy at all because Meego is a non entity now and has been stated so many many times everywhere on the net.
And you know this... how?

NOKIA IS WP NOW NOT MEEGO.
And this hasn't stopped you from ranting ad nauseum.

You might hate WP and you have that right but the facts are facts and we do not have a choice.
Yes you do. Other people make phones outside of Nokia. If you mean within Nokia, they still make Symbian phones. That doesn't make you happy? Then buy the N9. That doesn't make you happy, then buy the WP7 phones. That doesn't make you happy? Then find somebody else. You have choices. You choose to not execute them and we, this community suffers for that.

Simply stated, your singular minded rants are getting predictable. And I say this out of kindness... it's time to stop them. It's the same thing as I expect when I see a BigBadGuber! post - I'll invariably see the same thing(s) as before.

The world of mobile technology HAS moved on even from the N9 so move with it or face let down once again.
And you haven't yet moved on...

i actually have the right to say and feel the way i do and am NOT dragged in like many on this thread about the N9 farce.
And we have equal rights to say, feel and do as we please too. That's not exactly an unique trait.

Roll on January as it is only around the corner.
And then comes December 2012. End of funding for TMO, end of your ranting. Think of it that way.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
And let me guess... you do?
OK we will go through your post bit by bit and look at your mentality behind this.

They launched the Nokia Internet Tablets before anybody else was doing it. They had a decent form factor, an open source based OS, and didn't market it.
This proves the failure of Nokia and it is very consistent, reason in my opinion is always down to software failure because of lack of development and Nokia's weak point especially venturing beyond Symbian.

They came out with the N96 for almost $800 when the iPhone was selling for less and taking their lunch. It was sold too high, did too little and had way too many bugs.
Now you see your own point you make in between your lines of software failure?.

And this same pre-Elop era also stopped/restarted Maemo 5 times and didn't push that into more than one device at a time with a very small group of engineers.
You hit the nail on the head here by saying "a small group of engineers" and once again your making the point of software failure.

Exchange N96 for N9 and the rest still stands

The N96 was more of a finished product that had a lot of software upgrades which means better support BUT swap for N9? are you sure about this one?.
Remember the N9 is not out yet and i predict software failure once again due to negligence on developers PLUS the added fact that Elop has made it very clear indeed this IS the last Meego device and has made it also very clear the road he is on.... WP.

Name one more active handset manufacturer that has ongoing MeeGo support... right now.
I can not and you very well know this and this point of yours is very clear to the future of Meego because of lack of developers.

I'll be waiting.
Now do you see my point? and yes i will also be waiting the same as you !.

It seems that nobody has any interest in MeeGo outside of the auto OEM's and a few other manufacturers. Two netbooks, one tablet sold only in Germany, another tab sold so randomly I've yet to see it ever - if it's being sold that is - and a yet to be released N9. Oh... and the developer only N950. That is it.
Your saying this frequently now and once again i am in agreeance with you 100%.

And you know this... how?
YOU know this so why are you asking ME???.

And this hasn't stopped you from ranting ad nauseum.
I have as much right to "rant" as much as any other member on this forum and just because i am flamboyant in my views means i get known for my posts even if they are not in agreeance with other members but remember i STILL have that right ok.

Yes you do. Other people make phones outside of Nokia. If you mean within Nokia, they still make Symbian phones. That doesn't make you happy? Then buy the N9. That doesn't make you happy, then buy the WP7 phones. That doesn't make you happy? Then find somebody else. You have choices. You choose to not execute them and we, this community suffers for that.
This community is suffering because of lack of openess of Maemo and the lack of progress because of that very factor NOT because of me ok.
PLEASE understand i have the right to post just as you and everyone else on here.

Simply stated, your singular minded rants are getting predictable. And I say this out of kindness... it's time to stop them. It's the same thing as I expect when I see a BigBadGuber! post - I'll invariably see the same thing(s) as before.
I speak it the way it is and i have the capability of putting myself outside of the situation, the problem with that is we always come back to reality as nothing changes in this world for many many reasons.
This community thrived on developers working on CLOSED code and components and i say they all deserve a medal for doing so BUT they eventually got to the point it was not possible to get around code that is not open so they one by one gave up and moved on, THIS is my doing????.

And you haven't yet moved on..
WHY should i ? i love this community i love the work many members have done on here working against the grain in many circumstances and once again i say they deserve a medal for it.
NO i will not move away from the best community this world has right now !!! as NOTHING compares !!!.

And we have equal rights to say, feel and do as we please too. That's not exactly an unique trait.
BUT your trying to tell me that i do NOT have that right and that IS wrong of you to even suggest sorry to say but here we disagree .

And then comes December 2012. End of funding for TMO, end of your ranting. Think of it that way.
TMO IS the best forum that exsists today and i very very hope it goes on way way beyond and past the end of contract with Nokia.

Even though i do not agree with everyone on here and neither do you by the way !!!, does not make me an "alien", this happens because posts like yours try to alienate me and guess what.... i bite back !.

All in all i love your posts in general and i very hope you do not mind that in the rare instance like this i have spoken against you in some part only as the most of it i am agreeing with you.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
You guys don't have a clue. Just stop it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ New Delhi, India
Wow... I think I fell asleep thrice in the last few comments. Thanks to Chuck Norris, man u just woke me up in time or i'd collided straight into u n God knows where all i might hv ended up splattered.

Anyways, another update (about the N9), it'll be available in Pakistan too. Its up on their website. Still no update for India though. ... (goes back to loving his N9 poster)...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rohit.hellboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I was picking on your choice of the phrase "you lot" again.

...but.. but... everybody keeps saying it's the most AWESOMEST, PERFECTEST phone EVAR... and that it will be OUT ANY DAY NOW, FOR REALS!
no there will soon be a WP nokia phone for you and others have patience. WP will fix all problems....

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????