Notices

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
After lastest Busybox power update (1.18.5 -> 1.19.0), we have again several zaplog-daemons running. Similar problems as earlier. There seems to be something that has been changed, which is affecting Zaplog.

According to www.busybox.net there are lots of chages...

Kind request to Z, can you fix this so it will work with latest Busybox-Power?

Last edited by Gusse; 2011-08-31 at 17:41.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Gusse View Post
After lastest Busybox power update (1.18.5 -> 1.19.0), we have again several zaplog-daemons running. Similar problems as earlier. There seems to be something that has been changed, which is affecting Zaplog.

According to www.busybox.net there are lots of chages...

Kind request to Z, can you fix this so it will work with latest Busybox-Power?
Are you sure an uninstall - reinstall procedure doesn't fix this problem? I had a weird stutter for a while so I uninstalled Zap and reinstalled. Stutter is now gone.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Uninstall and reinstall won't fix this problem.

Just reverted to Busybox-1.18.5power3 and no problems. Therefore I'm very confident that problem is related to new version of Busybox.
Maybe again ps -command related issue?

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Can you tell me again how you trigger this problem, as I have busybox 1.19.0power3 and ps only shows one zaploc process...

Zaploc need to have "Background Updates" activated (i.e. Latitude updating position in background)
After boot and 1st start of Zaploc, ps will show zaploc-daemon.py --boot and -d processes. Boot should be killed when Zaploc is started. Each time I open/close Zaploc, it will add a new daemon process with -d option. This will not happen with 1.18.5power5.

When Zaploc GUI is running, ps should show 2 Zaploc processes and when GUI is closed there should remain only one process.

Last edited by Gusse; 2011-08-31 at 19:52.

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Ah right... I have it update latitude in the background, but I never open the GUI so I don't see the problem

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Love using this app, but one small request:

Can you put the task switch button in, preferably in the upper right corner. Sometimes I want to pop out and check something while the GPS is getting a lock or tiles/spots are downloading. Currently that's hard to do without the task switch button.

Recently found this nice tool.

I have a small request: It seams not to report the accuracy on google latitude. Would be nice to have it fixed.

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Love using this app, but one small request:

Can you put the task switch button in, preferably in the upper right corner. Sometimes I want to pop out and check something while the GPS is getting a lock or tiles/spots are downloading. Currently that's hard to do without the task switch button.
Hit the F key on the keyboard to toggle the clock/taskswitch/battery display. It will remember the setting.

/Z

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MasterZap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Bangladesh
Hi,

I seem to be unable to allow Zaploc to update Latitude anymore. It was fine about a two months back. Any help would be appreciated.
PS I never used Linux much...but I am very tech friendly.