Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by dglent View Post
how is possible to lock only the desktop ? Because if i locked from the button orientation lock from the status menu, i have the application Phone locked too
I know this is a long thread, but at least try to search for it, it has been mentioned several times already.

Since the search of this site isn't worth a thing, you can use google and add "site:talk.maemo.org" (no quotes) behind your search query.

Found some bugs in GUI after CSSU install. If I remember correctly, those bugs are here since CSSU 14 or CSSU 15. I`m running CSSU 16.8 and power kernel v48 (but it doesn`t matter, bugs are present with stock and v47 kernels too):

1. Set display to portrait mode, go to emails, pick inbox or sent, open any message and touch drop down arrow on bottom right (next to "N900" text on phone casing). You will see some missing text labels for "back" and "forward" options, so it displays "qgntoolbgeneback" and "qgntoolbgeneforward". Can it be fixed? Can all those icons be shrinked/rearranged (maybe two rows) to fit the screen so drop down arrow wouldn`t be needed?

2. PDF reader looks like this:

Doesn`t matter what orientation I set, there`s always missing text label for that menu button, saying "pdfvmemenusinglepagecontinous". It should be something like "Enable scrolling" (as in desktop Adobe Acrobat) or "Continous view"/"Continous pages".

3. Set display to portrait mode, open Conversations, go to any sms conversation and open any single sms (by tapping it in threaded view):

Notice, that "Copy" and "Forward" buttons at the bottom are slightly moved to the left, aren`t centered as they should be.

4. Amazing work, BIG thank`s for whole team.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by petur View Post
Since the search of this site isn't worth a thing, you can use google and add "site:talk.maemo.org" (no quotes) behind your search query.
Or use the power search button, which does exactly that, but also splits out results from the wiki, etc. onto separate tabs.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
can I lock hildon-desktop to portrait. I dont need desktop in landscape.

Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
Hi! some one tested orginal keyboard?
Attached Images

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by robin92 View Post
Hi! some one tested orginal keyboard?
Jepp, using it as is. Acually I find it better use compair to FastSMSevo even thou its a bit messed up with numbersbutton.
Mostly because I have ÅÄÖ and no need to switch layout to access those characters.

The Following User Says Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
@robin92

Yes. Check my signature, I made a thread little time ago for discussing such things.

I'm experiencing increased battery drain as well. I'll do some measurements later on but there is a noticeable drop on the battery life of my device with the same usage patterns.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
I'm experiencing increased battery drain as well. I'll do some measurements later on but there is a noticeable drop on the battery life of my device with the same usage patterns.
I didn't notice that with speedpatch and batterypatch from Karam. But it could be. Take into account that the shift from landscape to portrait consumes CPU. And with many opened windows () all of them rotate everytime. Maybe it's because of that. Do you usually have many opened applications?

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
Funny... I have come to the conclusion that KP48 + latest CSSU has increased batterylife a lot. Looking at the slope of an idle period in my battery graph, I can clearly see less drain

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade