Hi first time poster, longtime lurker.
I've had my n900 for well over a year with an unlimited data plan with t-mobile. I almost always had a solid 3g connection with t-mobile. But over the past month i don't seem to be getting anything better than a 2.5g connection. I wouldn't care if all i used was simple web browsing, but i use skype on a daily basis. Skype is utterly useless with 2.5g.

Anyone else having similar issues? is it hardware or my network?
I am supposedly in an area that has the latest and greatest network speeds from t-mobile USA but obviously I'm not getting it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by vivandy; 2011-09-22 at 17:20.

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
I'm on T-mobile UK and almost always have full 3G connection.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

Yes, me too so pissed about it. Was ina conference yesterday and it even dropped to 2g. Just sucks.

Originally Posted by vivandy View Post
Hi first time poster, longtime lurker.
I've had my n900 for well over a year with an unlimited data plan with t-mobile. I almost always had a solid 3g connection with t-mobile. But over the past month i don't seem to be getting anything better than a 2.5g connection. I wouldn't care if all i used was simple web browsing, but i use skype on a daily basis. Skype is utterly useless with 2.5g.

Anyone else having similar issues? is it hardware or my network?
I am supposedly in an area that has the latest and greatest network speeds from t-mobile USA but obviously I'm not getting it.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
No network problems here.

That said, I've experienced the same situation as you in the past (months of reliable 3G service followed by sudden network instability). Customer care can usually confirm for you if there are network outages in the area and if it is due to something on their end. In my case, they were able to confirm the network disruptions for me and could attribute it to T-mobile USA upgrading the HSDPA network in my area. Sure enough, network stability returned in a week or so, with an upgrade to reliable 3.5G...

check your apn adddress, as on my phone, a new apn was added somehow and the apn address associated to the new apn has a history of slow speed (its for dumbphones)

I have SImple Mobile and I get 3G where I live at. Though it can go to 3.5G or 2G depending on the location.

I have same issue whenever i am in a call, network signals are vanished and call is diconnected and it says connection error. please someone help me what to do. i am fed up with this problem.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
in the US this apn works:

epc.tmobile.com