How do I tell which app has the camera open? I'm getting a black screen on the default camera application and the "flashlight" app that I have in the dropdown menu says that some application has the camera opened.

I tried looking around with lsof, but it seems to indicate that a number of things have (at least) the libraries for the camera opened.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by zBeeble View Post
How do I tell which app has the camera open? I'm getting a black screen on the default camera application and the "flashlight" app that I have in the dropdown menu says that some application has the camera opened.

I tried looking around with lsof, but it seems to indicate that a number of things have (at least) the libraries for the camera opened.
Your camera may be on standby mode. It happens very often if you do not close the app properly. Close the flashlight first and properly close the camera app (probably need to re-launch the program first).

How would one "close the flashlight" ... it's just an item on the menu. I've also rebooted a number of times, if that matters and am running the the community CSU.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Maybe incompatible camera driver, did you
use fcamera or bless900?