Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Yeah what I'm wanting to know is....
Can a sim or sticker which already has the secure-element, be used with NFC built into the N9, in order to bring secure payments to the N9?

I understand the sticker communicates with the phone via BT, sim I'm not sure?
Will Nokia support this....
Sorry for late answer, I saw this question accidentally today.
Jalyst, it's not that simple. Depends on several things. The Theory is one thing, in practice another.
There are NFC stickers with bluetooth, other NFC stickers without bluetooth. Stickers without BT don't communicate directly with the Phone, but can do payments (rabobank/Netherlands). Yet the SIM-card only hosts the secure element. Phone to SIM communication not via bluetooth. A Korean firm claims it made an "all in one NFC SIM-card", with whole NFC hardware onboard. (to make an NFC Phone of any Phone) Soon we see if its thru.
Google announced; Google Wallet doesn't work with NFC stickers !! And for N9 ? Depends on Nokia, depends on apps, depends on local virtual wallet systems, depends on.....
Looking at what Nokia said, yes, N9 can support payments next year. http://www.nfc-phones.org/secure-pay...are-solutions/ Everyday i'm busy many hours updating and adding info. Still a long to do list...

Did you know ?? Since 2009 there is already an NFC adaptor available for the iPhone. It's not from Apple. Same principle as an NFC case and stickers.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joao For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
We're after the same phone. I will update accordingly.
i want one of those Mexican N9s too

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by koivjann View Post
Hey guys. You missed me?

About N9 call cababilities: it's very good. Again a good phone from Nokia. E7 has big problems in a weak field, but N9 works like a charm in the same place.

MMS: there is no need for fMMS cos everything is inbuilt you can attach photos and send MMS. Tested and works fluently.

About N9: this is real device (not a beta device) and apparently the first N9-device outside Nokia or operator organisation. Compare it with my first N900 which I got 9.9.2009. Somebody else got credits here to be the first N900 user about two months later.
how about battery life? how does it compare to N900 or iphone 4

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
how about battery life? how does it compare to N900 or iphone 4
It's too early to say something accurate.
After first fully battery charge the first low battery warning came after 26 hours. The use was guite heavy, but not so much videos or gps.

At the same time I had to charge E7 and N900 after 16 hours use. According this I would say that N9 is better than those, but I'm not sure how much.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to koivjann For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
i want one of those Mexican N9s too
Do those come with a "La Cucaracha" ringtone?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
I'm starting to think that i need a device with hw keyboard. The n9 might not be for me after all.
First Swype then SwiftKey have reinforced my lack of need for a hardware keyboard. I just need a decent software keyboard to keep me satisfied. Or at least a way to use a bluetooth keyboard when I need it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
An even simpler thing: How to add an attachment in gmail/hotmail?
eeek, there is an email app I hope...

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
An even simpler thing: How to add an attachment in gmail/hotmail?
Both operations work quite well with the email client (gmail pop/imap, hotmail imap/pop/exchange), the tweet app doesn't allow images, but I gathered that tweetpic plug would be available. i.e. to tweet a pic you need to use the share method in the gallery/camera.

Using the browser for various web mails is very tedious, gmail web interface doesn't scale very well. Ex. I can't log out as the link doesn't fit on the screen and I can't zoom out, also I can't scroll the email message at all. This all with the regular 'rich' interface. I hope the html (slow-conn.) version is better, haven't looked at it yet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mandibela For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
For the folks who apparently don't understand English very well: A couple means two of something.

A couple of words, then: "N9! ...Maybe?"

Not to mention Facebook, Google+ and other services where you're supposed to be able to upload photos on-the-fly or where you might be asked to upload your profile image for the service. YAY! Back to the desktop/laptop to do stuff alll the competitors' devices can already do. :P

"Extra features" might also mean things like the above--being able to upload to websites. :P Sad.
cut&caste and fileupload is not a extra feature it is a bug if this is not implemented ASAP soo again n950 users send reports! I will make sure the n9pilots also reports this back to the nokia people. actually it is theyr job to report such issue. Else they should not have won the devices...

I mean this is not even a "poweruser" fuction it is a must!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
I'm starting to think that i need a device with hw keyboard. The n9 might not be for me after all.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Searay the same dimensions as the N9? If winphone supports bluetooth keyboards then that should increase the chances of someone making one that will also fit the N9.

(anyone know about WP BT keyboard support?)

The Following User Says Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????