Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Marxian said that uploading a pic via the browser might not be something out of the box capable.

Being unable to load up a picture to (let's say) Twitpic.com, that is a major function in my opinion and if I can't do it via the browser as I tend to do in other mobile browsers, then I will have to hope that it can do so via other means out of the box.

I find issue with that.
Heh yeah, this is a function that even the N95 was capable of in 2007. Oh my.

Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
I'm starting to think that i need a device with hw keyboard. The n9 might not be for me after all.
For my next machine, it's going to be a Motorola Milestone / Droid 2 or 3. Depends how much money I can get saved lol.

Android, HW Keyboard, 1ghz omap (Dual core on Droid 3), 512mb ram, 5 Row Keyboard on the Milestone / Droid 3. It's a no brainer really and everything that the N950 / N9 should be.

What I'm looking forward to most of all is UPDATES! Arghhhhh. How great it would be to open up Android Market and actually see updates for software installed. Can't wait for that.

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Vaskinn View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Searay the same dimensions as the N9? If winphone supports bluetooth keyboards then that should increase the chances of someone making one that will also fit the N9.

(anyone know about WP BT keyboard support?)
You should not mention N9 and WP7 in the same message. Some people will go beserk.

The Following User Says Thank You to bbin For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by bbin View Post
You should not mention N9 and WP7 in the same message. Some people will go beserk.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Whatever Nokia churn out for WP it has to be something like the N9 so watch out for compatible hardware.

There has to be something going for this N9 as it does have after all near on twice the speed of the N900.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
I'm starting to think that i need a device with hw keyboard. The n9 might not be for me after all.
I already bought a Bluetooth keyboard in anticipation.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
I already bought a Bluetooth keyboard in anticipation.
Picture or lie.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eG3qhTfti5...oard-fcc-1.jpg

HP Bluetooth keyboard. A bit big but very thin and light.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by koivjann View Post
No there was no file manager, but in Ovi store there was one which I loaded already and it works. You cannot use webbrowser as in N900 for file browsing.
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Yes, I have a couple of third-party file managers installed on my N950. They work great, but with the stock browser being closed source, it looks like it will never be possible to perform a simple task like uploading an image file via the browser
Hi,

It looks like koivjann is saying the browser cannot work as a "file manager" (by going to the address 'file:///' which works in other browsers such as that in the n900).

However, marxian is suggesting the simple HTML tag input type="upload" does not work. Can someone confirm this please? Perhaps by checking via an example page such as this ?

Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caa For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Really no need to discuss wp7 since you have no clue of what,when,how,why. The only thing you can say for sure is IF.

So back to n9.
Wrong wrong wrong and even more wrong because WP is actually being released in October this year, now you need to go do some homewrk i think.

Apparently people are moaning because it aint got bluetooth, oh dear.

http://www.gsmarena.com/newscomm-3132.php

Looks like WP7 is VERY much wanted too and it might even overshadow the N9 totally, NOW you know the reason for the delay in release and clever stuff by Elop.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-09-25 at 12:51.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Q4 == October?? You are way to lost in your world so i don't even want to discuss with you.

You might be right and you might be wrong. My point is. You don't have a clue. Put your head in the sand and stay there!

Probably no win7 release in my country for a while

Last edited by Dave999; 2011-09-25 at 13:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????