Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Eh? What are you blathering about here? What's the context?
Just that if they can do THAT, which in my childlike starry eyes seems like a god damned miracle, Im sure some bright minds can figure out how to pop g+ into the feeds screen.

Marxian: that is good news indeed! thank you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
"I can promise that we will introduce to the market new inventions and features that we have not yet said anything about”"

MAEMO IS BACK!!!!!!!!

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
I bet there will be N901!!!! The N900 will live on

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I wouldn't doubt it if you'll need to buy the next device to get the new OS which will support new features like Google+!

In the meantime... here, try this: http://www.ghacks.net/2011/07/13/google-plus-rss-feeds/
WTF!!! is everything comming from Google open source where iis the damn plus API!

What a crap company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Marxian: does that put my regular feed I see on my own Google+ site on the N9s Feed homescreen?

For some reason I foresee a problem with that concerning having to log in and whatnot to see my personal feed (IE who I want to see updates from on G+, circles and whatnot).

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
...a more appropriate title?... there, there... =)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juanenrique For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Marxian: does that put my regular feed I see on my own Google+ site on the N9s Feed homescreen?

For some reason I foresee a problem with that concerning having to log in and whatnot to see my personal feed (IE who I want to see updates from on G+, circles and whatnot).
It doesn't require authentication, so the feed can only display public items. You can get updates for any profile, not just your own.

My website

GitHub

only a matter of days. Tuesday is still my hope. I hate this, its always like this when I decide on a new phone, be it the disappointing N97, the insanely awesome N900, the spectacular SGS2 or the now-so-jesuslike N9.

Marxian: so basically youd have to subscribe to an RSS feed for each person youd like updates from, and youd only get the publicly shared info.

My response: aww. I hope Google goes "oh right" and throws down something that lets us include G+ to the feeds on the N9.

Last edited by slai; 2011-09-30 at 22:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
What a masochist I am... to come here and read this thread while knowing that, even if I want to, and I've got the money, I can not have a N9 :'(

I need some Diazepam.

Last edited by lsolano; 2011-10-01 at 01:58.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsolano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Marxian: so basically youd have to subscribe to an RSS feed for each person youd like updates from, and youd only get the publicly shared info.
Yes, that's how it works.

My response: aww. I hope Google goes "oh right" and throws down something that lets us include G+ to the feeds on the N9.
I'd say the chances of an official G+ application are close to zero. I don't mind, it leaves a nice gap for me to fill. It's possible to provide what you are looking for with the G+ API in it's current state. What is missing atm is write/delete access. I'm sure that will come soon enough. Google will be testing the waters and making sure that everything works smoothly before allowing applications to create/delete personal data.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-09-30 at 22:44.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????