Active Topics

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Thats pretty awesome! I wish you the best of luck, man.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
so, with the n9 just around the corner, will this thread ever live long enough to see 8k?...

of course it will. N9 won't be available to the 'masses' till at EARLIEST October 6th. I know this cuz I've seen it. (i'm psychic)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
No promises - as I've told the PM'ers so far. I'm collecting names, models and seeing what I can pull off.

Looking like I'll have to make a quick trip to Mexico City. Let's hope I manage to walk out without getting married, beheaded, or both

can you put me in the list? Im in for a 16gb or 64gb depending on the price, do you know how much it would cost?

I appreciate your efforts

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Oh snap... let me put this here. There's a few people that posted in this thread that I haven't listed quite yet.

This is a copy and paste, a quick message explaining what I'm doing, what I hope to be doing and ultimately how I want to maintain clear communication with everybody that's asking for information. If you get this twice, it's because I'm rapidly going through who's contacted me and you might have sent two messages - and I'm trying to get to all of the messages.

By no surprise, Black 64gb is the top requested color. Next up is Cyan 64gb, with all of the other combinations coming in a shared last.

Unfortunately, there are no promises. I won't ever ask for any money upfront until I have more definite information. The good news, I've seen the boxes they will come in, I've seen one via Skype video in a person's hand and through the same channels, I got a Nokia N8 for my mother for far cheaper than I could via Amazon.

So far, the 16gb price is holding - there's a possible slight discount, if so, I'll update. But it's holding around 8000 Mexican Pesos (MXN). The 64gb pricing has still managed to remain elusive. I expected both prices to be final by today, but even the people that will sell the things don't know yet!

Once I know more I promise you I will update you all.

For your curiosity, the counts so far:

black 64gb - 8
black 16gb - 1
cyan 64gb - 3
cyan 16gb - 1
magenta 64gb - 1
magenta 16gb - 1

1 person didn't specify any color, 1 person specified any color (those are not added in)

Take care.
Just letting you guys know... good news, I did see one today though. So nice.

Last edited by gerbick; 2011-10-01 at 02:13.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Oh snap... let me put this here. There's a few people that posted in this thread that I haven't listed quite yet.

Just letting you guys know... good news, I did see one today though. So nice.
where u see it. and thanks for your efforts to equip us americans

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
where u see it. and thanks for your efforts to equip us americans
Friend in Mexico had it in hand, placed his camera on his table - he has a Microsoft HD camera, and then went through the phone for about 20 minutes showing me stuff, using it...

Did all of the stuff - but tweet to the Internet - using it for me out of my curiosity. Hell, I convinced him about the phone!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Still undecided on storage. I've had a 8GB card in my E71 for the past 4 years. Til this day i've only used a little over 2GB with most of it being music, a few small apps & a small handful of pictures. With the better camera in the N9, i know i'll be eager to use it. Thus, chewing up more space from pics & 720p vids. Also, the apps. How much storage could i possibly need for apps ? Not a huge gamer, but i'll try a few. I'll mostly grab the Utility type apps, but if Google Maps comes around for this (not holding my breath) i'm all over it. If you guys can help me decide by posting what model your purchasing & how you're managing the storage, i'd appreciate it.... Thanks in advance

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Friend in Mexico had it in hand, placed his camera on his table - he has a Microsoft HD camera, and then went through the phone for about 20 minutes showing me stuff, using it...

Did all of the stuff - but tweet to the Internet - using it for me out of my curiosity. Hell, I convinced him about the phone!
i like pink shirts, but i wonder if magenta is too girly of a color......

Thx for the effort
16gb for $577! is that gonna be cheaper than amazon f they ever sell it?
how much would the 64gb cost then?

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????