Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Nokia N9 launching Czech Republic October 4-9th
http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/10/...october-4-9th/

Nokia N9 controlling a servo motor over Bluetooth
http://mynokiablog.com/2011/10/04/vi...ver-bluetooth/

Last edited by scapegoat845; 2011-10-03 at 23:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scapegoat845 For This Useful Post:
Slai, did you get any bonus? Like a bluetooth headset or something?

And gratz again, I know I am VERY jealous

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Ontario, Canada
Sigh feel so left out... I want one too
I can't seem to find a good way get my hands on one in Ontario, Canada. Expansys still has not listed a price or date and frankly I am kinda scared what kind of price they are going to put up, Ebay scares me, and I don't know of any unauthorized retailer I can drive to.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
Sigh feel so left out... I want one too
I can't seem to find a good way get my hands on one in Ontario, Canada. Expansys still has not listed a price or date and frankly I am kinda scared what kind of price they are going to put up, Ebay scares me, and I don't know of any unauthorized retailer I can drive to.
Word for word that's how I feel. Except if I have to fly somewhere to get one, I will. Argh.

I have heard rumours of gray market importers in Mississauga for other flagship phones - so it's possible it could happen with the N9, but doesn't feel likely given what an incredibly limited amount of information Nokia has yet put out about this device, and it's no good popping down to Best Buy USA cos I somehow doubt they'll be stocking them there (unlike the N900, which they did).

Last edited by shallimus; 2011-10-04 at 00:14.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Word for word that's how I feel. Except if I have to fly somewhere to get one, I will. Argh.

I have heard rumours of gray market importers in Mississauga for other flagship phones - so it's possible it could happen with the N9, but doesn't feel likely given what an incredibly limited amount of information Nokia has yet put out about this device, and it's no good popping down to Best Buy USA cos I somehow doubt they'll be stocking them there (unlike the N900, which they did).
Hmmm. Best buy ?! They do have a lot of unlocked devices. Maybe i'll shoot over there tom & ask em if they plan on getting any....

Originally Posted by jotoco View Post
Actually if you re-read my posts you will note this is true for the São Paulo store, on the Rio de Janeiro Store they said it would be available early november, not october. Maybe there was a change in plans during the time frame (last sunday and the sunday before it).

But both Stores cited limited availability and only 1 run. As I said, it can be to drive more pre-orders (which will have a nice bonus acording to the RJ Store, but it is NOT a bluetooth phone, they didn't say what specifically)
My girlfriend went to the Rio de Janeiro store today and they gave her info that's in contradiction with the info they gave you.

I'll call them tomorrow, ask to talk to the manager and see what he tells me...

By the way, these were the retailers mentioned in the official response i got from Nokia Customer Care last week:

- Loja Nokia www.lojaonlinenokia.com.br
- Submarino www.submarino.com.br
- Americanas.com www.americanas.com.br
- Shoptime www.shoptime.com
- Casas Bahia www.casasbahia.com.br
- FNAC www.fnac.com.br
- Fast Shop www.fastshop.com.br
- Pernambucanas
- Ponto Frio www.pontofrio.com
- Wal-Mart www.walmart.com.br
- Magazine Luiza www.magazineluiza.com.br
- Rack&Rai (São Paulo)
- Comesp (São Paulo) www.comesp.com.br
- Autocell (São Paulo Capital) www.autocell.com.br
- Goorila (São Paulo) www.goorila.com.br
- Casa&Video (Rio de Janeiro) www.casaevideo.com.br
- Mercadomóveis (Paraná) www.lojasmm.com
- Becker (Rio Grande do Sul) www.elojasbecker.com.br

For those of you not familiar with Brazil some of these retailers are huge and I don't think that they'd get any N9's at all if the limited availability rumors were true.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pedroesteban For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
I emailed him to add the U.S. to places he will ship to and I'll buy one and he took a little bit too long to get back to me because i fell asleep and when i woke up he said ok deal in return email but then when I clicked on the auction he already sold them all to you guys.

Well I asked him if he can get more to come on to this thread.
please post a link to the seller so we can look!

you already know he is going to be like....WTH....i cant get nough of these to sell!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Glad to see folks starting to get theirs finally.

Now... anybody find out if multiples could be purchased for the good of this community? Or shall people ignore that?

I'm still trying. Nowhere closer today than yesterday. Meh.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Glad to see folks starting to get theirs finally.

Now... anybody find out if multiples could be purchased for the good of this community? Or shall people ignore that?

I'm still trying. Nowhere closer today than yesterday. Meh.
I'm quite sure I'd be able to buy multiple N9's as soon as they're available here in Brazil.

Problems are:
1. It's going to be the most the most expensive N9 in the world.
2. Shipping costs to the US will be high and you'll probably going to have to pay some kind of import tax.
3. You won't get support from Nokia USA and Nokia Brasil won't ship it back to the US after a repair.
4. It seems that the first batch of N9's is not going to be available before the end of october (for those who somehow manage to unofficially pre-preorder their N9's now).
5. The first batch will only have the black 16 Gb N9, apparently.

The Following User Says Thank You to pedroesteban For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
please post a link to the seller so we can look!

you already know he is going to be like....WTH....i cant get nough of these to sell!
I already posted the ebay seller see the last few pages and people quoting my post.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nokia-N9-6...item43aa15be0e
The N9's were sold already, auction is over.

Last edited by aironeous; 2011-10-04 at 01:33.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????