Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Reading from mobil.se

"The new Iphone will now have upto 14Mbps" now was that already possible with N9 too?
"The antenna on Iphone4S is better than Iphone4" WHAO fantastic!
"it supports both CDMA and GSM" WHAAAO SOOO IMPRESSED!

"The camera is 73% better than before" is it bnetter than N9 thats the question?
Actually it suports HSPA+ (N9 doesn't) so theoretically it can go higher than that.
Let's see if it really matters though, tx/rx quality/sensitivity is what really matters in-the-end.

I'm worried about the camera too, it may well end-up being substantially better.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Crap, it's got a better aperture though: f/2.4 Vs N9's f/2.2
Although a direct comparison based solely on aperture doesn't mean much, f/2.2 is usually better than f/2.4.
(f is the focal length of the lens and f/2.2 is the diameter of the aperture of the lens, which means that the lower the number, the larger the aperture and consequently the amount of light that hits the sensor.)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pedroesteban For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by babraq View Post
f/2.2 is better than f/2.4
my bad, I read that as iP4s with 2.2, and N9 with 2.4

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
You know you'll end up paying significantly more for a phone on contract than buying it outright on nearly any contract, right? You know it's just another way for them to make money out of you?

Cheaper to get a bank loan, or even put it on a credit card and pay it off over a month or two.
not if the plan is reasonable and a plan you want to use. then the phone may end up being cheaper.

also my phone was cheaper with the plan than without it, even if i dont use it at all. which i wont. but it is strange to see.

Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Does the 4s have 1gig of ram? If not i will be laughing my *** off. Overclock the N9 to 1.5ghz and you'll have better performance.

Or not..

Anyway, it seems the N9 will be the nicest piece of hardware for some time.
If wikipedia is to be believed, yes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_4S

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by jah25 View Post
Everybody, hurry up and buy these new ebay n9s... so I don't buy one myself, can't justify the price but I'm sorely tempted!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nokia-N9-6...item43aa1c33f2
I tried to 'Ask the seller a question' to see if he'll post to Canada, but I get

"We're sorry but we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is unable to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

I'm not a regular eBay user (used to be, but years ago) but that's enough to scare me off.

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Revealing tweet from Damian Dinning:
Wondered why Apple needed 73% more light from larger f/2.4 aperture? Answer: Mainly to compensate for smaller pixels #realitydistortionfield

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crisscross For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Would anyone be interested in buying my black 16gb nokia N9 unlocked?
where are you located at and how much are you letting it go for? I'm from USA. Thanks

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by asianmoomoo View Post
where are you located at and how much are you letting it go for? I'm from USA. Thanks
Plenty of people complaining about issues with email and wifi. N9 is another NOKIA fail.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
My reply is now changed to get iphOne 4S. It works.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????