Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
I've only seen the black dummy, which mobilezone shop in zurich?
I think black looks already quite nice, although very discreet. I would have preferred orange or red, but I'm fine with cyan then.
It was the mobilezone shop in Glattzentrum. They had all three dummies stored in some drawers.
You can ask the info hotline of mobilezone (+41 43 388 77 11) if there is some shop closer to you with all dummies or the actual phones. (but when i asked, they mixed up the dummies with the working N9s^^)

i would actually think about an unlocked iphone4 but being it not a pentaband and only receiving EDGE on tmobile and not 3G, it's a turnoff.

My question on pricing for N9 is...since there will be limited quantity..will the prices really drop?

Also, we should all wait until end of month after Nokia World to see whats up their sleeves. maybe the windows mango phone will be really impressive?

If the nokia comes with mango to the states, will the phone still be unlocked or tied down to carriers?

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
who says there will be limited quantity? and dont say eldar...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by asianmoomoo View Post
i would actually think about an unlocked iphone4 but being it not a pentaband and only receiving EDGE on tmobile and not 3G, it's a turnoff.

My question on pricing for N9 is...since there will be limited quantity..will the prices really drop?

Also, we should all wait until end of month after Nokia World to see whats up their sleeves. maybe the windows mango phone will be really impressive?

If the nokia comes with mango to the states, will the phone still be unlocked or tied down to carriers?
Well the quantity isn't THAT limited, it's just not that available as much in the west. What matters is demand and right now the demand will be high but that's the case for any initial release. I'm sure if you wait a month or two you will see them pop up for sale a little cheaper. I don't expect new prices to drop hundreds for a few months though.

Supposedly WP Mango Nokia devices are going to be hitting AT&T at some point. Maybe this quarter... maybe not until 2012. But Nokia's goal is for it to get into the hands of consumers through carriers.

I'm not completely against Nokia's Mango devices but I'm not sold on them either mainly because I know what to expect from WP7 anyway. It's just a matter of the hardware, and in WP7's case, the software limits the hardware in some cases which is what people refer to being locked down. Firmware updates will rectify everything, but right now I know I will enjoy Meego. The only WP Nokia device I'm interested in seeing is the rumored Ace. Keep in mind there are multiple mango devices coming from Nokia... not just 1. They want most of them on carriers, just because it allows them to get back into the hands of consumers. You can always buy unlocked, but in that case there's no point.

Last edited by BlackWindEXE; 2011-10-05 at 17:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWindEXE For This Useful Post:
I agree. the one i'm interested in is the rumored Ace. If it indeed is what is rumored, I might considered that as well...but I actually like simplicity over apps or what not.

As of now, I use a Nexus One and I do not like it one bit. i think android is much too busy for a phone. The window platform looks cool...but i hear its a data hog and it also gets quite busy looking. Im not the type of person who is into apps...the only apps i use on my android is, fb, maps, yelp, rotten tomatoes and mail...so the N9 definitely satisfies it. I actually had the N8 before the nexus one and i loved the hardware but the software got me really frustrated. Constant lag, random reboots and not fluid at all.

Also, back in the days before android or apple came out, phones were distinctive and had their uniqueness to it...nowadays they are just a rectangular block with a big screen...at least the Nokia N9 is different and can be conversation starter between people when everyone out there has an android or iphone.

The only thing I want to make sure the N9 is good with is the email client and the speed of the maps since I use my phone frequently for gps.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Lucky bugger won one here in OZ!
https://twitter.com/#!/allphones

Jakiman may have already posted this....
http://shootspeak.com/2011/10/05/nok...peak-com-soon/
Tomorrow (today actually) he'll been loaned a N9 64B Black from Nokia Australia.
And in approx. 7hrs from now, he'll be analysing it in great depth.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
since now more and more people start to get their n9, i feel like this thread's days are numbered...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E2hYDIFDIU

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juanenrique For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
nope! now comes the fun part!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by Vaskinn View Post
This is a norwegian unboxing video that also shows the initial setup. At 4:56 in the video language is the third setting from the top

http://www.amobil.no/artikler/vi_har...okia_n9/102526
ok well he just skipped to that screen I was not able to see if that was the first screen or was there screens before this I have to navigate through first to get to it.
I see here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsHvRUF40kc
that is indeed the first screen that pops up after you turn it on.
So i got it now thanks.

Originally Posted by asianmoomoo View Post
I agree. the one i'm interested in is the rumored Ace. If it indeed is what is rumored, I might considered that as well...but I actually like simplicity over apps or what not.

As of now, I use a Nexus One and I do not like it one bit. i think android is much too busy for a phone. The window platform looks cool...but i hear its a data hog and it also gets quite busy looking. Im not the type of person who is into apps...the only apps i use on my android is, fb, maps, yelp, rotten tomatoes and mail...so the N9 definitely satisfies it. I actually had the N8 before the nexus one and i loved the hardware but the software got me really frustrated. Constant lag, random reboots and not fluid at all.

Also, back in the days before android or apple came out, phones were distinctive and had their uniqueness to it...nowadays they are just a rectangular block with a big screen...at least the Nokia N9 is different and can be conversation starter between people when everyone out there has an android or iphone.

The only thing I want to make sure the N9 is good with is the email client and the speed of the maps since I use my phone frequently for gps.
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not a huge app user. I only use a handful that I download and the rest I expect from built in functionality. That's why I enjoyed my N8. I've had multiple android phones but the novelty wore off after a while (and I'm a google user). From the N9 I just want good email, call quality, sms, maps, good browser, movie showtimes, fb profile pic sync, and maybe a sports scores app. Dropbox support would be nice too but not necessary as I can use the browser when needed or email. That's all I really use.

I can do without all the extra apps I've downloaded my iphone 4. I think the N9 excels in its built in functionality (and great multitasking which I miss) and the dev community is great at creating content that people will really use. It's what I loved about my N900. It was simple and effective.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackWindEXE For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????