Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Thanks to slender we now have a wiki page: http://wiki.maemo.org/CloudGPS.

I encourage everyone to contribute and update this wiki page. I will surely be updating it in the new few days.

And again thanks slender for starting the page.

Great software, thanks so much!

I would love for it to become cycle-friendly. OpenCycleMap is great but lacks routing.I am not aware of global projects in this area, but it would be great if you could add Cyclestreets for bicycle routing in the UK: http://www.cyclestreets.net/api/

It works very well, and it's already used by a number of mobile apps for Android/iPhone for routing.
It even gives a number of options (ie. balanced, fastest, quietest, or shortest) - but even just implementing a standard 'balanced' one would be great.

Thanks a lot!

The Following User Says Thank You to maemomatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Israel
Works a treat. Smooth and handy interface. Keep up the excellent work!
However, one thing I'm worried about is my phone gets overheated after a continuous usage (causing a drastic battery drain) and so, when I open QCPUFreq, where the CPU temperature is usually shown, now says "unknown". Is that normal?

Finally an up-to-date GPS that works and routes in my area...

Last edited by Musta susi; 2011-10-11 at 22:19.

am just aboput to try cloudgps.
two questions:
- w/o inet connection for every move an illegible red message appears on top of the screen (where a number of already hard to read elements exists) and disappears before i even get a chance to understand, what it tries to tell me. is there a chance to actually get the meaning of that message? i guess it has something to do with no map and no inte connection ...
- which brinsg me to question two: how do i get a map, where do i store it and how do i tell cloudgps to use it? the wiki is silent and from glancing over this rather lengthy thread i don't find any information

Two additional suggestions:

- when searching for a place, you can enter numbers only if you press Alt + a number key at the same time. This is not consistent with the N900's behaviour in stock applications (ie - double press Alt then add numbers, or press Alt followed by a number). I suggest to make it consistent with the default apps

- I would also increase the font size by 20-30% in the search form, currently it's quite hard to read

ps: should I report bugs/suggestions here, or you'd like me to do bug reports or on the wiki?

Thanks a lot!

...Any news?

...a strange question....
Maybe that the gps's fix time can change with different navigation apps?

In the detail....
After many weeks of tests i found that opening cloudgps with a cold start, without internet connection, without other running, apps the fix time is about 5-6 minutes.

In the same situation, using a tool called gpsrecorder the fix time is less than 3 minutes...

Also keeping cloudgps running and launching gpsrecorder you can obtain a fix in less time.

I have repeated this test more than 10 times in different days with the same result...
Only a coincidence? ...i don't believe...

Maybe that a different app can manage the gps chip in a different way reaching a better fix time?

If someone would repeat this test, install gpsrecorder and let me know... (no internet connection, cold start)

Last edited by xes; 2011-10-26 at 13:21.

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Sorry for being so quiet. I have been very busy lately. I hope to have some more time to catch up with forum and wiki this weekend.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
The wiki seems to be written in Italian (or similar, not sure), and it's just the same text over and over again?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
The wiki seems to be written in Italian (or similar, not sure), and it's just the same text over and over again?
That's latin, and it's a standard sort of "filler" text, indicating that there should be some details added there. It's not usually used in wikis, but is common in applications where the overall layout is important but the actual text isn't (e.g. desktop publishing, advertising screenshots, etc).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Feature request: breadcrumbs, like what Mappero has. I would like to generate a trail on the map showing where I have been. Any chance of implementing that?

Tags
best gps app