Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
So, a tad bit of backstory... bought my N900 about a year ago. It worked well, never overclocked it, put NITDroid on it a few times, flashed it (lost count) times, and just overall used it and had fun with it.

About 3 months ago it started the SIM Card not found error, and some USB issues. Sent it to Nokia Care under warranty, they flashed the OS and said it was fine, sent it back to me.

Used it for another week or two, same issues, reopened a new case and just sent it back last week. Oddly with no emails confirming they got it, or were working on it, or anything.

I get home today and there is a box sitting here from Texas. "Oh wait, I sent my phone to Nokia in Texas... what the?" Crack it open and sitting there is a new(?) N900 with a different IMEI, wrapped up in some nifty cardboard case and shrink wrapped. It has the back on it and a stylus in there... paperwork said my N900 was unrepairable and replaced! With another N900?!? From reading all the threads on here I figured I was damn sure set for the N8 or E7!!

So I'm just lost. Calling Nokia tomorrow to get the story on this IMEI number... if it is "new" or a refurbished N900. I would lean towards refurbished, but still, damn thing looks new. Even the USB port clicks like it has never had a cord in it.

So now the dilemma. I was pretty sure I was dead out, getting Symbian, and was planning to buy another platform, most likely a Galaxy S II. Now I have this new(?) N900, and I am torn between playing with it and seeing if I get the same old problems, or just leave it cased and try to sell it.

I really don't NEED the N900, I've seen enough apps on Android to remain functional at work (RDP, SSH, Ping, Whois, Email / Exchange, and lots of music / movies for time wasting).

Just looking for thoughts and ideas from folks, this place was ridiculously helpful while the N900 was my primary device, may as well see what y'all think. ....and don't say get an N9, I'm in the US and I don't feel like routing one from another country.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderedcomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
seems like it's best that you sell it to someone who still has passion for the device and the OS. maybe you can offer it for a lower price due to the uncertainty of its "newness". i'm sure you'd find lots of interested buyers here for a factory refurbished unit.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Sell it for a profit. New N900's are getting rare man.