its kind of unusual that there isn't a link to the n810 firmware.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ A quiet place.
Wow, I'm loving the new OS. So much zippier.

I'd seed an n810 bin if I could ever get one. I've gotten a download to start 6 or 7 times... I even made it up to 105mb once.. then got kicked.

Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Wow thanks ...
My thoughts exactly. WTF, though? I can download the image in less than 10 minutes from a site hosted in GERMANY and it takes days to download something from Finland which is supposed to have one of the best network infrastructures on the planet.
Nokia should start PAYING the kind people here re-hosting their image for bandwidth costs.
Sorry, but there is absolutely NO EXCUSE possible for Nokia to NOT provide proper high-speed downloads of IT images.
Makes me think that their N-Gage and Music store won't have enough bandwidth either.

Now if only we could mirror the entire repository infrastructure; i.e., all of maemo.org, as restoring applications from the backup list, or installing new applications in some cases, fails with connection errors to repository.maemo.org.

PS: With respect to Nokia, they probably *did* plan for this; they use a global content delivery provider (Akamai) which *should* mean that these sorts of issues aren't the common user experience, but clearly SNAFU is the current operating environment.

Last edited by wetcoast; 2007-12-19 at 02:04.

Does anyone have the complete N810 image?

Originally Posted by szucsati View Post
An other mirror with .md5 (located in Hungary): http://szucsati.info/internettablet/firmware/n800/

I need to buy a wlan router.. OS2008 just doesn't work with Fonera. OS2007 worked with the public signal, this one dies with both public and private .
I just want to be 100% sure. I downloaded RX-34_2008SE_2.2007.50-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
from this web site. That is the correct one for the n800?

From a quick glance, the youtube experience seems much improved. Not to mention the overall snappier browsing. Good work team.

please post a n810 firmware link someone for the love of god

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Orlando, FL
okay another silly question. I am working on the download when suddenly the completed file shows up in my download box. My system is now downloading a second large file called ?nokia_N800.php? how can i verify that the download that has just appeared is complete? And what is the pyrpose of tis second file