Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
I have had my phone back about 4 times for repair and for the last 3 months have been told all they can do is offer a n8 or e7...i tried to push for a n9 replacement but no joy! lol...worth a try i suppose!

strangely though i received this email today:

Good afternoon Sir,

An N900 replacement has now been obtained and is currently under going a quality assurance. As soon as the handset is ready I will be in touch to arrange a UPS Door Step Swap. I am hopeful that we can make the arrangements tomorrow ready for the Door step swap to go ahead on Monday morning.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss anything further.

Kind Regards
XXXXXXXX
Customer Support Agent
Customer Escalations and Resolutions Team
T: +44 (0) 845 1947180
F: +44 (0) 1842 768056

E: cert-uk@anovo.com

So if anyone in the uk has a broken N900 still under warranty try pushing them into finding an n900 for you if you dont want a symbian replacement.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
N900 circuit boards do still pop-up every now and then, and I can confirm this has happened recently in Finland as well.

However, I think time is beginning to be up for the boards. Also, I don't think the replacing model will change any more from the E7.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/