Active Topics

Ericj, you'd be better off waiting, if you use any other but the default applications installed.

Otherwise what will happen is you'll have a freshly flashed system and no real ability to reinstall applications due to the repository issues Nokia is having.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
please post a n810 firmware link someone for the love of god
Dude, I'm with you. All day today, I saw the posts on the slowness, thinking that once I finish up some last second X-mas shopping, ate dinner... I'd be able to download this at a decent pace.

34.2mb in about 50 minutes... and it's timed out twice even... and what's worse; the updater doesn't even see an update. This has to be manual.

Wow.

I'm not too sure if this was/was not planned, but you'd think that there would be a slightly better setup than what we're seeing.

I will also seed a N810 update if someone gets it. I finally got the download and it says its 134 megs. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be around 550....

Oh man...

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
Originally Posted by framerate View Post
I will also seed a N810 update if someone gets it. I finally got the download and it says its 134 megs. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be around 550....

Oh man...
134 MB is the correct size, but check the checksum.

No, 134MB is the right size. Is your download for N810? If so, every minute you do not post on bittorrent, a puppy dies somewhere!

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm not too sure if this was/was not planned, but you'd think that there would be a slightly better setup than what we're seeing.
They knew there was a problem, and apparently haven't bothered to fix it.

Maybe next update

I just downloaded update, I want make sure the file is not corrupted.
So can anyone please gimme the MD5 checksum numbers for RX-34_2008SE_2.2007.50-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin , so that i verify it with that of the file that i downloaded ?

Thanks in advance
Mytimes

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Canada
Originally Posted by mytimes View Post
I just downloaded update, I want make sure the file is not corrupted.
So can anyone please gimme the MD5 checksum numbers for RX-34_2008SE_2.2007.50-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin , so that i verify it with that of the file that i downloaded ?

Thanks in advance
Mytimes
It's back a few pages - search this thread

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
okay another silly question. I am working on the download when suddenly the completed file shows up in my download box. My system is now downloading a second large file called ?nokia_N800.php? how can i verify that the download that has just appeared is complete? And what is the pyrpose of tis second file
Kathy, did you by chance right-click to save the link. You should have a file called "RX-34_2008SE_2.2007.50-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin" for a N800 upgrade, and it should be at least 134 meg big.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Orlando, FL
I think that may have been what I did, and di not even realize that I had done it. The file I downloaded was about the right size, so I decided to wait it out and find out what happened. The answer was a whole lot of nothing, so now I am getting it from another site like I should have done earlier this evening