Hi there,

my N900 is starting to act up. For the last two weeks, the following things happened on a daily basis or every now and then:

- Sudden loss of GSM/GPRS connection, no bars, even when outside. The connection comes back after 3-6 seconds.
- Sometimes when trying to call someone I get a repetition of 3 beeps in a rising succession and a banner that says 'Connection failed'.
- I sometimes get a crossed-out SIM icon in the tray and then I have to reboot the phone.

I think I'm able to trigger the first problem by messing with the hardware, like removing the back cover or tapping the back of the phone. It doesn't happen consistently but I'm unsure if it happens when the phone just sits there without being moved. If I mess around with the hardware and tap it, I lose the connection every 2 minutes or so.

I'm guessing it's some hardware fault. The SIM is only 3 months old and the connectors are clean, I rarely dropped the phone but I'm guessing that some connection (to the antenna?) is loose or something like that.

Any hints? Anyone else had this?
  • "ytcli", a simple but effective command line youtube client which allows you to play videos from the CLI instantly or download videos on a queue.

Last edited by shapeshifter; 2011-10-16 at 15:53.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
its done with had mine for about 9 months then got that problem eventually you will lose all cellular functions...look up telecommunication problem threads you will see!!