A final question, - why is the limitation to two weeks back? Same as the n900? I have lots of personal folders with contacts, quotes for business etc. There no point in having IMAP if anything other than the last two weeks can't be pulled down when out and about. Pointless.

The Following User Says Thank You to scaramanga89 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ImSoQt View Post
N9 - Mail for Exchange fails after initial synchronization.

This issue may already have been described in this thread or elsewhere. Forgive me if this is the case. Hopefully someone can give me a pointer if this is the case.

A more detailed description.

Mail for Exchange synchronization only works when:
a) The account has just been created.
b) The account has been deactivated and activated again. (easier and my current work around)

The first synchronization works fine, all emails, contacts and calendar data is received and stored in the N9 device. Any subsequent synchronization, gives an error like "Can't connect to the server" (a bit uncertain of the english error message having swedish language in my device).

Only way around the issue is to delete and recreate the account (a) or to deactivate and activate the account (b).

Changing access point between different nets as gprs or wifi doesn't help.
I'm having this exact problem too: disable/enable to MfE account lets me sync once but fails next time, or in the very end stages of first sync. I took the logs, but can't transmit them yet. In short activesync.log says:

[error], Transfer 4343184 : failed with error 3
[error], AS_LIB : Received HTTP status 60003. Factory not created.

Couple of lines later it mentions that JobFolderSync(0x33c218) of job sequence of above errors "completed with bad code 60003, abort".
Then the job sequence is "done with code 60003".

I wouldn't be surprised if this is caused by pretty rotten Exchange 2007 we have, unfortunately maintained by me, but if there are lots of similar errors with other people, then I might be of the hook.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if this is caused by pretty rotten Exchange 2007 we have, unfortunately maintained by me, but if there are lots of similar errors with other people, then I might be of the hook.
I was looking for a solution to this problem and found a thread at meegosweden.com where someone else already had reported the same issue (you?). I'd like to add that my N900 works fine with the same Exchange server. So does all Android and iPhones in the company. It's just my new N9 that has this behavior. So I find it hard to believe that this is caused by some improper settings on the server side.

Last edited by ImSoQt; 2011-10-18 at 00:34. Reason: language correction

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ImSoQt For This Useful Post:
I was looking for a solution to this problem and found a thread at meegosweden.com where someone else already had reported the same issue (you?). I'd like to add that my N900 works fine with the same Exchange server. So does all Android and iPhones in the company. It's just my new N9 that has this behavior. So I find it hard to believe that this is caused by some improper settings on the server side.
Not me, but thanks for confirmation.

There are many ways for Exchange to break, starting with the ISA server that is often in front of it doing the authentication and publishing, so that is why I don't rule it out. Especially when N9 seems to be considered "proper" client (lost the right word here so please forgive me the bad phrasing).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Ok, so my boss got himself an N9, he also manages to do the initial sync with our exchange (2010) server, but after that the dreaded red arrow appears and after that it will not synchronize. This must be a pretty common occurence since quite a few people have already reported this. Hopefully it will be fixed in PR1.1, otherwise the phone will be quite unusable for quite a bit of time if the MfE sync doesn't work. Unless of course the PR1.2 is right around the corner.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soppa For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by Soppa View Post
Ok, so my boss got himself an N9, he also manages to do the initial sync with our exchange (2010) server, but after that the dreaded red arrow appears and after that it will not synchronize. This must be a pretty common occurence since quite a few people have already reported this. Hopefully it will be fixed in PR1.1, otherwise the phone will be quite unusable for quite a bit of time if the MfE sync doesn't work. Unless of course the PR1.2 is right around the corner.
why cant Nokia get it right..................

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Like some others I have the problem that my inbox is not detected. It's IMAP access to a Zimbra 7.0 server. The inbox shows as 'INBOX'. The phone is N950 with Beta2.

If you guys need a test account, I can provide you one.

Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
N9 - Mail for Exchange fails after initial synchronization.
Only way around the issue is to delete and recreate the account (a) or to deactivate and activate the account (b).
Exchange 2010 server? If yes then I believe your problem should be fixed in the update. You might check logs and post here a error code or even attach the whole log, but I'm 90% sure that your issue is fixed

Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
A final question, - why is the limitation to two weeks back? Same as the n900?
There was a reason to add this limitation. I really hope that it will be fixed in the update.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
I'm having this exact problem too: disable/enable to MfE account lets me sync once but fails next time, or in the very end stages of first sync. I took the logs, but can't transmit them yet. In short activesync.log says:

[error], Transfer 4343184 : failed with error 3
[error], AS_LIB : Received HTTP status 60003. Factory not created.

Couple of lines later it mentions that JobFolderSync(0x33c218) of job sequence of above errors "completed with bad code 60003, abort".
Then the job sequence is "done with code 60003".
Hmm, that looks a bit strange. Could you show us a bigger part of the log or maybe even give us a test account? I'd like to check this issue with the latest code.

NOTE: code 60003 means "the remote host name was not found (invalid hostname)" (it is a QNetworkReply::HostNotFoundError error). Did you checked this Host via console? Is it ok or you've got the same error?

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Last edited by Sergey_Kashin; 2011-10-18 at 15:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Soppa View Post
As I wrote a few minutes ago, I'm 90% sure that you've got an Exchange 2010 server issue that should be fixed in the update. Thanks for a one more feedback

Originally Posted by conny View Post
Like some others I have the problem that my inbox is not detected. It's IMAP access to a Zimbra 7.0 server. The inbox shows as 'INBOX'. The phone is N950 with Beta2.

If you guys need a test account, I can provide you one.

Thanks!
This bug should be fixed in the update.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950