Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by khuong View Post
Check your internet connection, fatal error ? sound like you are on a lousy internet connection. Youtube video required a good connection.

nop . my connection quality is superb.
the apps force close after i sign in.

If browse the video without sign in,nothing bad happen.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Yeah im now getting the fatal error - it was previously working so maybe its a change on youtube's end? I cant seem to load any video
Attached Images

i have the same fatal error. was working fine 24 hours ago.

its saying flash is missing?

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
mine says suddently in every video that flash is missing...i ve uninstalled the app

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
A new version 0.1.1 was just uploaded to extra repository which addressed video restriction or flash missing error problem due I've overlooked some of the code which was finally fixed now, and also fixed several bugs which was reported previously including canceling download and early stop video before it load crash .

Big thanks to kpyork for reporting a very thorough bug reports.

Last edited by khuong; 2011-10-21 at 23:11.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Looking forward to a Harmattan version. Just apply for an N950 through the Nokia Developer Program. They'll have one for you I'm sure somehow!

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

What a sweet GUI front-end for YouTube.... thank you!

In regards to my problem browsing "Downloaded", when it was pointed to .../.videos/ (containing non-YouTube videos)....

I did some research and found the cause of the "Restricted Access" error.
You scan files for.. "MP4 v2" files encoded with "H.264/MPEG-4 AVC & AAC", and ignore all other files.
The problem file is "MP4 v1" files encoded with "H.264/MPEG-4 AVC & AAC"!

Here are the file header strings:
  • MP4 v1: isomiso2avc1mp41
  • MP4 v2: isomavc1mp42

Last edited by kbyork; 2011-10-22 at 23:24.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by kbyork View Post
In regards to my problem browsing "Downloaded", when it was pointed to .../.videos/ (containing non-YouTube videos)....
NVideo won't be able to display non-youtube video by design. If you pay attention to all downloaded video files name by NVideo, it included a youtube videoid in order to retreive meta information from youtube server. If you clicked the downloaded tab, you would see all downloaded videos display all the information just like they are on the youtube server. That was because it scanned all the videos file names in the downloaded folder for videoid and retreive meta info based on that videoid. So try to have a dedicated folder for all downloaded youtube videos would be ideal. Future version would include a more sophisticated way to handle local videos.

Last edited by khuong; 2011-10-23 at 05:21.