guys i am facing a weird problem.i am using scud batterys and stock kernel. my N900 charges to full at 96 percent wen connected to a wall charger. after full charge i remove the charger and i plug it again. it charges and after few secnds it shows battery full. after that i remove the charger. plug it in again. charging. its never showing battery full without the charger connected. any soln please?
BACKUPMENU

can ny one help me in solving this problm. plzzzzz
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ United States
This is typical behavior for the N900. The battery meter shows percentage in terms of battery life (from a battery with 100% of its original capacity). The fully charged percentage will decrease as your battery ages.

Originally Posted by AndrewX192 View Post
This is typical behavior for the N900. The battery meter shows percentage in terms of battery life (from a battery with 100% of its original capacity). The fully charged percentage will decrease as your battery ages.
it has been only 2 weeks since i bought the scud. it dint show this behaviour earlier. it shows full charge at 96 and when i remove the charger it charges. y? no resn for that?
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
it has been only 2 weeks since i bought the scud. it dint show this behaviour earlier. it shows full charge at 96 and when i remove the charger it charges. y? no resn for that?
my N900 is also behaving the same way. whenever it says battery full and if i remove charger cable then it shows 96 percent charge. i dont know why.

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
my N900 is also behaving the same way. whenever it says battery full and if i remove charger cable then it shows 96 percent charge. i dont know why.
no. N900 charges upto 966. thats okay. but does it charge again when it says battery full. plug the charger again and see
BACKUPMENU

I remember reading something about this elsewhere (can't remember where).
But the upshot of it was that the phone is designed to stop the battery from charging to 100% because overcharging damages the battery.
I'm not sure what exactly you mean about "it still charges when the charger is pulled out", but if I pull the charger out of the wall socket (leaving it connected to the phone) it carries on charging for a short while because the phone is drawing residue power from the charger.
Mine also charges for a couple of minutes when I reconnect it. Maybe because the phone has used some power in the short time it has been off charge, plus the phone would recheck the charge state of the battery as soon as you connect the charger.

The battery meters (there are 3 in the N900, and you see the output of one of them) and the charger circuit don't talk to eachother.

Whenever the default meter that you see says "Full" when your device is on the charger, you know it's been full for a long time already.

As for the level of charge, there's a small variation in how full the battery is charged depending on the power consumption of the N900.

The biggest variation is in the inaccuracy of the default meter though, which isn't that good even with a fresh battery.