Active Topics

Poll: Delet the values from the speedpatch?
Poll Options
Delet the values from the speedpatch?

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
hi karam..
firstly thanks 4 ur awesome work...

the conversation problem has not appeared since then but a new problem is occuring...
the web browser crashes and a notice pops up saying "Internal error.Application web closed"...is it somehow related to battery patch or not...?

and a request...
can u please modify the script so that while downloading battery patch remains in overclocked state or disabled...without keeping the keyboard open b'coz sometimes the phone while downloading can't be kept open like for example in classrooms...
thanks

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
it still reverts back to 500-805! ive changed the min and max settings under power-kernel/overclock to 500-1000 and it still does it whenever i lock and unlock the phone.....weird
Don't worry buddy as you are not alone
I can't seem to change any values, be it vdd1=1 or frequency min & max limits as it just reverts to its original values after some time, or maybe after locking/unlocking my phone. Nah, not a big deal actually as this patch is giving me more juice and speed on 500-805 when compared to 500 950 without speedpatch and batterypatch
Buggy as it is, I still love my N900...what's love without sacrifice eh? Just gotta accept 'em minor shortcomings

Cheers!
-Ethan

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
After the last batterypatch update i get lots and lots conversation errors, when i send a message it appears that the messange wasnt send and dont appears on the conversation room and i cant see what message i`ve send, now when i try to enter a conversation room i get the error "text message faild to deliver for" and i cant see any message from that conversation room, but my buddy has receive the message, i was wondering if i will uninstall the battery patch i will still get this error, i now have to reinstall my OS ?

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by knobby View Post
and a request...
can u please modify the script so that while downloading battery patch remains in overclocked state or disabled...without keeping the keyboard open b'coz sometimes the phone while downloading can't be kept open like for example in classrooms...
thanks
You have the solution right in your hands. You slide the keyboard open, then you lock the phone and finally you can close the keyboard. I remember karam telling this, so that when closed, the device will still be overclocked.

You just have to wait for a second with the keyboard opened after locking the phone and before closing the keyboard. I have just tried it, and it feels like the locking process lasts a second or so.

For those who have the conversation problem just uninstall the batterypatch and the problem its fix.karam could you fix this bug ? i`m looking forward to install the batterypatch again, its a great program, but with this bug i cant keep it on my device, please announc here when u fix this bug because i dont whant to install the "bug batterypatch" again, thaks a lot for the work your are doing, keep up the good work.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Dhaka
I just bought a nokia BL-5J battery from nokia store.

I reflashed my rootfs few days ago. Then tested the device with battery patch for non kp (removing process stop script) and smartreflex vdd1 & vdd2 both ON. result in battery-eye 20(+-) hrs. not satisfying.

Now my new battery is on charge for 4hrs then I will put it on my N900 and test how long it can hold.

Originally Posted by ctl View Post
For those who have the conversation problem just uninstall the batterypatch and the problem its fix.karam could you fix this bug ? i`m looking forward to install the batterypatch again, its a great program, but with this bug i cant keep it on my device, please announc here when u fix this bug because i dont whant to install the "bug batterypatch" again, thaks a lot for the work your are doing, keep up the good work.
The new version of batterypatch has already been uploaded by karam yesterday. Using it now, no more conversation errors
Maybe your repositories weren't updated when you installed it, resulting in an old version of batterypatch being installed?

Just use x-term and try:
apt-get update
apt-get install batterypatch

If it still happens then your conversations database file might be corrupted, which won't be a problem as there is an easy fix for that
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=40
This will be your fix if your .db file is corrupted.

Cheers!
-Ethan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrBigCow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Btw karam: please fix your spelling; the changelog alone is a bit.... "interesting". Thanks!

MrBigCow thaks a lot, its working great now, the latest update for batterypatch in my repository was yesterday night, today i didnt do any update so i didnt know that the bug was fix, thaks its working now.

Fantastic work karam! Thanks for perfecting the batterypatch that we've all yearned for XD

Tags
autobrick, awesome-script, do no install, f***epitaph, install it now, perfect_ n900, script-a-brick, very safe