Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Sorry in advance for not reading the whole thread, but I don't have time right now to catch up.

So here's my questions after one day with the N9:
  • I love it! OK, not a question, but whatever
  • Why when I turned it onto silent mode by accident (figured out how I did that now - volume all the way down) did the vibrate function keep pulsing like once every second for... minutes! Anyone? What did I do?
  • Is there a way to go from the notifications on the lock screen (e.g. new e-mail) straight to the message, or do I have to swipe to the Feed screen or go to the mail app? Tapping the notification on the lock screen doesn't seem to do anything.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Sorry in advance for not reading the whole thread, but I don't have time right now to catch up.

So here's my questions after one day with the N9:
  • I love it! OK, not a question, but whatever
  • Why when I turned it onto silent mode by accident (figured out how I did that now - volume all the way down) did the vibrate function keep pulsing like once every second for... minutes! Anyone? What did I do?
  • Is there a way to go from the notifications on the lock screen (e.g. new e-mail) straight to the message, or do I have to swipe to the Feed screen or go to the mail app? Tapping the notification on the lock screen doesn't seem to do anything.
Swipe the notification to the right or left, it takes you to mail, message, feeds, etc. OMG read the manual! jk. :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warrentaye For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Is there a way to go from the notifications on the lock screen (e.g. new e-mail) straight to the message, or do I have to swipe to the Feed screen or go to the mail app? Tapping the notification on the lock screen doesn't seem to do anything.[/LIST]
You drag the notification bar left or right off the screen to do it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Hey, the device arrived on a day when I was busy at work and then out at two separate things in the evening!

Thank you both.

Several people in the office wanted a play with the N9 - everyone liked it, and one of the account managers now wants an N9 instead of an iPhone 4S even though he'd never heard of it 'til today!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
when will the N9 equivalent of the mameo repo's be available to use on my shiny new phone?

kind regards

JBT

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
Originally Posted by Pulzar View Post
My N9 just entered an infinite reboot loop.
I took my phone to a Nokia warranty repair shop and got a Nokia 2720-fold phone for the duration of the repair
I hope they will be able to flash it soon. Good thing i set up MfE so my calendar is safe.

Btw. something I noticed in the browser: URLs previously entered are not turning up as suggestions when I type a part of em. This is kind of annoying, especially without bookmarks.
I was wrong, they turn up, but if you entered the normal site the mobile site is shown as suggestion as the browser switched automatically to mobile site.

There should be an option to turn that off.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Pulzar View Post
I took my phone to a Nokia warranty repair shop and got a Nokia 2720-fold phone for the duration of the repair
I hope they will be able to flash it soon. Good thing i set up MfE so my calendar is safe.
You can find the instructions on this post, and more on the same thread:

http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?p=33357&postcount=2

The Following User Says Thank You to mooglez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Nyxtopouli View Post
Does anyone know if Greek keyboard is an available option to select for multi virtual keyboards
Hi, there is no support for Greek either in the keyboard or as a language.
Also, in the development threads Quim mentioned that the strings are not available for translation - i.e. what we have done for the N900.

Hi Guys, I had a few questions for the n9 users out there. Thus far, I have set up my facebook and youtube accounts in the accounts list. Now I can (supposedly) share to facebook and youtube directly from the gallery with the 'share' button in there. I've attemped to upload a photo to facebook and a video to youtube via this technique, but, after filling in the requisite information and hitting 'done,' nothing seems to happen. The message closes without a peep/statusbar/etc. Checking from my PC, certainly nothing has been uploaded.

Anyone had any success with this?

EDIT: Never mind, everything worked fine, it was just super slooooooow. Anyone know of a way to check the status of these network operations?

EDIT #2: Man, they sure hide tons of functionality these days. I answered my own question: if you tap the top portion where the status indicators are, it will list the transfers in the pulldown. Neato.

Last edited by Pebby; 2011-10-28 at 00:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pebby For This Useful Post: