Closed Thread
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Waiting for Open Media Player to be implemented on the coming CSSU version.

then I'm removing my sim card from my N91 8gb and putting it back on the N900.

cause , as you may know, the N900 has great music capabilities and the OMP (with the much wanted portrait mode) will make the n900 even better for music on the go.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Would it be possible to create a separate repository (just one or the whole extras-devel>extras-testing>extras thing) for applications depending on the updated packages of CSSU like Qt4 4.7.4? Currently there seems to be no way to upload packages like QtComponents 1.1 to any official repository so that people with CSSU installed could use it easily.

The Following User Says Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
I just finished updating my N900 to the CSSU and the device is completely missed up

I can't open app menu and the top area is completely missing and once I run any app I can't go back.

I've been reading and searching for the past two hours and couldn't find any thing related, and most similar solutions suggest the use of terminal, but I can't run the terminal to try

Please anyone who have slightest idea can help..

Thanks

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
You can use the keyboard shortcut to run the terminal... Control-Shift-X should bring up the terminal.

Also, you should really have ssh installed and a computer with ssh you can use to connect to it when doing something major like this.

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
You can use the keyboard shortcut to run the terminal... Control-Shift-X should bring up the terminal.

Also, you should really have ssh installed and a computer with ssh you can use to connect to it when doing something major like this.
Thank you for the reply, but earlier I tried using the shortcut for the terminal and it's giving just a black screen like many other apps and once you hit that screen you can't go back Also I have SSH installed but as I said earlier there's now top area so I can't turn the wireless on

I think the only solution is to re-flash.. and I hate this solution

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
media player wont play videos..
says file type is not supported..
cssu related?

CSSU related: Getting the phone a lot slowed down/unresponsive. Is there any chance each fix that CSSU gives would be also released as separate fix. i would love to have the graychar fix, most of other (maybe except dynamic scrolling) features do not interest me. Used to work on landscape mode etc. Or is even this requiring no-way-to-uninstall except reflash? (this of course might be opinion/placebo effect just like battery patch and the bunch)

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
Would it be possible to create a separate repository (just one or the whole extras-devel>extras-testing>extras thing) for applications depending on the updated packages of CSSU like Qt4 4.7.4? Currently there seems to be no way to upload packages like QtComponents 1.1 to any official repository so that people with CSSU installed could use it easily.
Bumping my question...

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
are we ever gonna see one last cssu update for the n900, that one last horey, come one the n900 deserves it, maybe a windos phone 7 style scrolling between homescreens, one swipe will take you from homescreen 1 to homescreen 4 in one continious smooth scroll .........

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Qatar
CSSU team pushed the latest update or not, on apt-get upgrade shows 34 updates

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade