anyone able to connect to a WPA enterprise network using thawte premium server ca?

The Following User Says Thank You to chiron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/11/...-video-player/

New video player with tons of features the stock doesnt have. Also; open. So go nuts!

Posted this in the "n9 shipping for some" thread, but figured it might as well be here too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dynaheir View Post
You say "same works for ssh client" ,do someone know where can I get it ? After clicking on the terminal dowloaded file, it made my N9 reboot , is that normal ?
Thanks
No, it is not.

ssh client is in the same repository, but if your N9 reboots after installing terminal package, then there is probably more wrong with your installation. I would wait for official N9 flasher before doing more damage to the system.

Till now I had no unexplained behaviour on my N9 and I hope it stays so. There are some irritating bugs, but these wait patiently for PR1.1

Paul

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
I use google analytics without an app or flash...
Screenshot please. I can see numbers, can't see graphs. I'm missing that part.

Google Voice, there is qgvdail in the ovi store
Didn't like the crude looks, doesn't integrate into the system as well as say Skype. Nor could I effectively login each time. Was iffy, will report my findings. And I don't use it for just dialing, only for SMS.

For youtube, use cutetube
Yep. Marxian did a great job, worth it. But I've yet to buy it... if I hit a Youtube video, does it spring into action? Like say you send me a youtube link in e-mail, does it open up CuteTube?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
For YouTube, use cuteTube. Nice QML interface, integrates well into Harmattan and by buying it, you support community devs (marxian, that is). I think my 2 Euros for it are spent well.
Certainly. If you consider yourself a youtube user that follows different channels cutetube is a must buy. Very nice youtube client compared to any platform.
EDIT:

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Yep. Marxian did a great job, worth it. But I've yet to buy it... if I hit a Youtube video, does it spring into action? Like say you send me a youtube link in e-mail, does it open up CuteTube?
I haven't actually tried this on email, but i doubt it opens cutetube(?). It doesn't open it when opening youtube link from the browser.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-11-04 at 18:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Certainly. If you consider yourself a youtube user that follows different channels cutetube is a must buy. Very nice youtube client compared to any platform.
EDIT:

I haven't actually tried this on email, but i doubt it opens cutetube(?). It doesn't open it when opening youtube link from the browser.
The latest version does allow you to copy links and add it to the cute tube playlist. It must be open though. So like if you get a youtube link from a message or on the web and you hit copy on it it will be automatically added to the playlist. its a cool feature, but nothing totally automated yet where it opens on clicked links.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to warrentaye For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Screenshot please. I can see numbers, can't see graphs. I'm missing that part.
I see pie graphs but not the main graph at the top...

Picture is attached...

Didn't like the crude looks, doesn't integrate into the system as well as say Skype. Nor could I effectively login each time. Was iffy, will report my findings. And I don't use it for just dialing, only for SMS.
This I agree with you on, I can't login to qgvdail half the time, it's not stable enough for normal usage

No, it's not the stock youtube player... Though I'm sure you could change it.
Attached Images

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chiron View Post
anyone able to connect to a WPA enterprise network using thawte premium server ca?
Don't know if you've tried this already, but I managed to load on a cert by first dumping it over usb onto the home directory.

Then using settings>security>certificates>add new cert it picked it up and was able to decrypt it via password.

After that I was able to set it for wifi, but the problem was that it wouldn't pick up when I went to add a new network connection. Granted, that cert was some 8000 years old and I ended up not needing it but maybe you'll have better luck.

My uni also has certs for wifi, but they are mainly for whatever windows phones that use them; I'm thinking the issue for me was likely disabling background connections and/or not forcing it to use my username.

On a side note: this thread is bloody massive and annoying to search.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by slai View Post
http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/11/...-video-player/

New video player with tons of features the stock doesnt have. Also; open. So go nuts!

Posted this in the "n9 shipping for some" thread, but figured it might as well be here too.
Thanks for this, definately worth the download. One gripe with it though, if you choose the setting that the videos still play when in the task switcher view, they always revert to portrait, even if you choose only landscape mode from the application settings. I don't know if it's a "feature" of the task switcher, or just an overlook by the author.

Otherwise it's a great start and hopefully the author (or someone else) expands on this. Really nice. Konttori said in his blog that it would take like 200 lines of code in QML to make a better video player than the stock one, well can't say how many lines of code this is, but it's already better than the stock one, and it's quite cool how it retains the overall feel of the original player, just a bunch of added useful features and settings.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soppa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
If anyone would like to provide feedback regarding my applications, please use the links in my signature.

P.S It seems that the task switcher forces applications into portrait mode. At least, I haven't found a way to override it.

I would like to enable YouTube video links to be launched in cuteTube, but I'm not sure if it's possible. You can change/add mime-type associations, but I'm not sure if it's possible to use a regex (i.e. check if the url is a YouTube video link). It's something I will at least look into. The clipboard feature was something I provided in lieu of that, with the advantage that it allows to you to copy several videos at a time.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-11-05 at 20:13.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post: