Active Topics

Originally Posted by dblank View Post
The N800 will ask you, whenever an application requests a connection.
How well mannered and considerate of it! Again, many thanks.

Originally Posted by loaderr View Post
application manager sucks, takes a long time to update the application list and a longer time to install apps of just about 12KB. If i refresh the list it gets stuck at the end and sits there for a long time.
And it crashes if you just look at it sideways.

Question about the repositories, I just flashed the OS for the latest and greatest and worked fine, however I can not retore the applications. the log in application manager has alot of errors saying can't stat source packages you may want to run apt-get update to correct the problem. Is this a problem with the repositories being busy or do I have a problem? I try to install appplications manually and it just hangs on the progress bar??

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by jmorenz View Post
Question about the repositories, I just flashed the OS for the latest and greatest and worked fine, however I can not retore the applications. the log in application manager has alot of errors saying can't stat source packages you may want to run apt-get update to correct the problem. Is this a problem with the repositories being busy or do I have a problem? I try to install appplications manually and it just hangs on the progress bar??
As has been stated in this and other threads dozens of time already: the Nokia repositories are slammed, give it a few days to cool down and try again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Couple of bugs found in the first 3 hours of using final OS2008 on N800:
-inability to invoke finger keyboard (as noting by Mara and others)
-up button on d-pad does not work when scrolling feeds in RSS reader (Filed at: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2598)
-thumb keyboard cannot be invoked at all within Skype (even pressing center d-pad)
-moving/resizing desktop applets is frustratingly difficult, and they tend to move around when you put the tablet in your pocket. It would be nice to be able to lock them in place once you have set them exactly as wanted. (Many thanks to the poster who suggested quick movements--that helped, but it is still difficult to get them exactly where you want them)

I'll edit this post if I think of more...

EDIT: I just want to say that, for all the bugs we are reporting, OS2008 is really excellent. It is very attractive, very fast, and so far, pretty stable. Thanks to the Maemo team for all their hard work.

Last edited by slip; 2007-12-20 at 07:11.

The brightness adjustment is still very limited making it difficult to read in the dark at such a high intensity, even at the lowest setting.

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Just wanted to open a thread for bugs and issues that are found in first official OS2008 image. Here is my list so far:

- X-term: Word autocomplete is not working
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2505

- Finger detection (thumb keyboard) does not seem to work.
On a freshly installed N800, the App manager shows an update tp the map app (map 2.2.6.377-1). But when trying to apply the update it fails saying that "Software contains updates to paclkahes installed from a different source and is likely to harm the system. Contact software author."

-- Denis

The Application manager shut down automaticly sometimes.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
There is a bugzilla bug on the finger keyboard issue: #2597

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2597

It's "shared" with another issue, but that has been solved.
Please comment and vote on it if you do have the same issue.

Originally Posted by anidel View Post
There is a bugzilla bug on the finger keyboard issue: #2597

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2597

It's "shared" with another issue, but that has been solved.
Please comment and vote on it if you do have the same issue.
The issue is restoring from a backup ... not sure which part is causing the problem, but it's likely in settings If I had to guess. I've been able to restore my bookmarks and application list without killing the input though I chose to restore after the initial setup and not right after flash.

I would suggest a clean flash if you are having this problem or others. Seems to resolve my stuff -- though now I am stuck like everyone else with limited access to the repositories which are either unavailable (404) or just brutally slow with the activity we are all bringing.