Active Topics

I was really looking forward to getting an N810 for the holidays this year. But now I have started wondering if I should wait for the so-called N900. Do we know anything about this device besides the fact that it supports Wi-MAX? If that is the major thing, then I will get the N810, because I am not really interested in Wi-MAX. I really just want an N810 for basic web browsing, IRC, email, some Wi-Fi hacking... What are your opinions? Do you think it is a better idea to go with the current model, or wait for the next-gen? Also, if you anything about the upcoming N900 please post it here.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by vs.taras View Post
I was really looking forward to getting an N810 for the holidays this year. But now I have started wondering if I should wait for the so-called N900. Do we know anything about this device besides the fact that it supports Wi-MAX? If that is the major thing, then I will get the N810, because I am not really interested in Wi-MAX. I really just want an N810 for basic web browsing, IRC, email, some Wi-Fi hacking... What are your opinions? Do you think it is a better idea to go with the current model, or wait for the next-gen? Also, if you anything about the upcoming N900 please post it here.
Thanks!
LOL, everything talked about for the N900 is 100% pure, unfiltered, unreliable, unknown speculation. Not sure how to further emphasis this point!!!!

You aren't going to find any "facts" on the next IT until it is about to be released. Only someone from Nokia would know for sure what is going to occur on the next gen Nokia IT. (For all we know it could be a N820 -- 800/810 +Keyboard -GPS +WiMax?). And they wouldn't be talking about it right after bringing the N810 to market -- they want to sell the N810, not have you wait to buy the next IT a year from now...

Going by the past IT timeline, a N900 is more likely to be released in time for next year x-mas - so you'd have to hold your breath for a full year. The rumoured Wimax device is generally supposed to be a Wimax-enabled N800.

Yeah, I know it's all speculation. If you think that it's going to take that long for the next one to come out, then I'll just get the N810. But I thought that I heard in some Nokia press release that a new one would be coming in around spring...

Yeah, I know it's all speculation. If you think that it's going to take that long for the next one to come out, then I'll just get the N810. But I thought that I heard in some Nokia press release that a new one would be coming in around spring...
I suspect that is the N810;l which they got out earlier then I think they had anticipated. But even if it is not the N810, but some other IT device that they might be releasing in 6 months -- a golden rule of sales is never announce a similar product after releasing a new product. You will cannibalize your sales of the existing product as people wait for the "new" product. You probably won't hear any decent speculation about the new product until someone finds a FCC request...

Nathan.

To me it seems obvious that the next gen will include some kind of cell/long-range type communication, but I really wonder how useful (in the sales sense) it will be.

1. WI-Max? I live in New York and there is no rollout of this service.
2. At least in the US, cell type data service is still locked among the vendors, and either GSM or the other one (forgot). My point is that Nokia will have to sell multiple versions of the 900 depending upon carrier (and thus technology), and users will have to decide if they want to change cell phone plans to get the best rates.

Personally, I believe the 'tehered modem' is the short term way to go, hopefully with a new, faster version, of bluetooth. But ask me on another day, and I might have a different answer.

The Following User Says Thank You to lny98 For This Useful Post:
Thanks!
Yes! Of course you should wait! N800 and N810 are realy not worth of get bought, they can just WIFI and Flash9 and so - but n900 won't be better - but hey, I've just heard from a good friend of a friend of the girlfriend of the nokias cleaning troup workers brother who has seen for 100% a picture drawn at the ****-paper in the toilet of a hous directly in front of a nikia store in mailand, which showed a brand new n10000! Yes! 1000% for sure it'll come just after the spring before winter somewhere out and will get the possibility to play NDS and PSP games on it! Yeh and it will prepare coffe every morning and the best thing - it will cost just 100$ - so please, hold on and wait - belive me!

Originally Posted by cybic View Post
Yes! Of course you should wait! N800 and N810 are realy not worth of get bought, they can just WIFI and Flash9 and so - but n900 won't be better - but hey, I've just heard from a good friend of a friend of the girlfriend of the nokias cleaning troup workers brother who has seen for 100% a picture drawn at the ****-paper in the toilet of a hous directly in front of a nikia store in mailand, which showed a brand new n10000! Yes! 1000% for sure it'll come just after the spring before winter somewhere out and will get the possibility to play NDS and PSP games on it! Yeh and it will prepare coffe every morning and the best thing - it will cost just 100$ - so please, hold on and wait - belive me!
lol. I get the idea.