Notices

The freeze/restore doesn't seem to work for me. Nothing happens. Is it because i'm using z80 games?

Originally Posted by Sparky196mark View Post
The freeze/restore doesn't seem to work for me. Nothing happens. Is it because i'm using z80 games?
I have no idea, sorry. Works for me.

When you installed speccy did you do anything particular to set it up. All i have done is install, open the game from the folder and it runs straight away. Then I use the drop down menu at the top where it says speccy maemo 1.6 and click freeze state, nothing happens.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

My games are in n900/documents/speccy

Originally Posted by Sparky196mark View Post
When you installed speccy did you do anything particular to set it up. All i have done is install, open the game from the folder and it runs straight away. Then I use the drop down menu at the top where it says speccy maemo 1.6 and click freeze state, nothing happens.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

My games are in n900/documents/speccy
Do you need a memory card for the save function to work?
Should the games be on a memory card or are they ok using the n900 internal memory?

If not, what is the process for saving games when you are playing the game and want to save it?

It's really cool playing the old text adventures on my n900 using this great emulator but starting over each time means there is no point in playing them as they can take ages to complete.

Thanks,

Sparky196mark

Hi,
Im completley new to the Maemo OS/N 900---Downloaded speccy and works great with z80/sna roms but most are tzx/tap etc which when saved will not load. Any ideas how I can make them work! I must say I love the N900 and the iphone has now been given to my 4 year old!
Thanks

thank you fms for helping me geting fmsx to work. I ran yamaha painter. Awsome!!!.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
i have a problem with latest version of fmsx 3.5.8-2.

The extra key we can configure in "maemo settings" in fmsx settings are not working.

whatever io configure as input device or extra mapped key, the default msxkeyboard layout stay active and i can't use the key mapped for maemo...

don't know if i am clear ^^

Originally Posted by Mitrigol View Post
i have a problem with latest version of fmsx 3.5.8-2. The extra key we can configure in "maemo settings" in fmsx settings are not working. whatever io configure as input device or extra mapped key, the default msxkeyboard layout stay active and i can't use the key mapped for maemo...don't know if i am clear ^^
I do not think you are clear: fMSX does not offer arbitrary key mappings on Maemo, so whatever you are doing to "configure" them, you are doing it wrong =)

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
when you start FMSX 3.5.8-2, you press at the top to open emulator settings.
There you can choose "Maemo Settings" and this menu, there is "additional key mapping".

This is to map keys, right?