Active Topics

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
How come my app (Nepali Calendar aka nepcal) is not listed under Beginners category in voting page? Did I missed something?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
How come my app (Nepali Calendar aka nepcal) is not listed under Beginners category in voting page? Did I missed something?
You had to check the beginners checkbox while creating your account (or afterwards by editing it).
Take a look at the attached screenshot.

Sorry.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
You had to check the beginners checkbox while creating your account (or afterwards by editing it).
Take a look at the attached screenshot.

Sorry.
Arrghhhhh! So sad :-) . Editing it won't work now! Anyways I wasn't going to win anything after all.

Btw requesting for voting is legal isn't it? I don't see anything against it in rules stated at wiki.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
Btw requesting for voting is legal isn't it? I don't see anything against it in rules stated at wiki.
Yes, you can promote your app everywhere you like.
That's the good thing of the choosen voting system: no cheating is possible.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
Damn, I didn't know that, so I've a karma of only 3 .. well
You could try linking your TALK account with the COMMUNITY account. After that, supposedly, you gain karma by posting/being thanked.

I did that a few days ago, but no change (yet?). Anyway...

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Germany
fyi

donation update:

10€ by an anonymous donator. Thanks!
that was me

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xkkkx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Bulgaria
edit:
leon.anavi does have 11 karma points (http://maemo.org/profile/view/leonanavi/), that means that everyone with over 10 karma points should have got an email.
Haha, that's cool I didn't know that my karma is 11 until now. So we can be sure that the check for karma is working and that my app location2sms will get at least one vote

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by leon.anavi View Post
So we can be sure that the check for karma is working and that my app location2sms will get at least one vote
Luckily we are not placing single votes, no, we are making all our own ranking thanks to zehjotkah and his effort to get the voting finally done thru the council system. So, if your location2sms is not at every ranking at the last position you will get more than just your single vote. At least you're at my list not at the last position.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by helex View Post
Luckily we are not placing single votes, no, we are making all our own ranking thanks to zehjotkah and his effort to get the voting finally done thru the council system. So, if your location2sms is not at every ranking at the last position you will get more than just your single vote. At least you're at my list not at the last position.
Thank for pointing that out! I voted this afternoon - the voting is excellently organized.

I decided to put on higher positions in my lists apps that are published in Nokia Ovi Store for Nokia N9, because I believe that in general the main purposes of each app are to be useful and to be used After all Nokia Ovi Store is the channel to deliver MeeGo Harmattan apps to the mass market.

The Following User Says Thank You to leon.anavi For This Useful Post:
Thanks to zehjotkah for persisting with the voting system - it seems a fair and positive way to vote.

I've done most of my voting and have used originality as one of my criteria. True the Maemo/Meego ecosystem needs 'Metoo' apps, but it's nice to have something different in there as well.

I didn't penalise an app if it wasn't published on Nokia's website store. For me one of the benefits of Maemo/Meego is you can distribute it yourself.

I'm now keeping my fingers crossed for a Meltemi Coding Competition 2012

The Following User Says Thank You to yaln For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia