Notices

Closed Thread
Oke, if you cant help us, post the e-mail adres of the sorry person that can.
I have a ranting e-mail for him.
YES I AM PRETTY FRUSTRATED !

Originally Posted by Dopehead.NL View Post
Oke, if you cant help us, post the e-mail adres of the sorry person that can.
I have a ranting e-mail for him.
YES I AM PRETTY FRUSTRATED !
Wow! That is pretty hostile of you.

Its unfortunate that your release came at the very time when Nokia repos are so unusable - bad luck on your part, for which I am sure no (sane) person would blame you.

Good news on mplayer, ogg and such. Perhaps if you have time you could post here or somewhere a how-to on configuring C2 to use mplayer.

Cheers

Dopehead.NL: Perhaps you'd like a refund?

Configuring it to use mplayer:

In /home/user/.atabake/config

[Fallback]
audio = mplayer
video = mplayer
general = mplayer

Last edited by GreySim; 2007-12-20 at 20:36. Reason: Changed "mplayer = mplayer" to "video = mplayer"

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Knightdale, NC
So did I remove canola from my 770HE for nothing. Is it true that this wont work on that OS

I know what your trying to say GraySim, Canola is free, I realise that.
My time and bandwidth however are not.
Again, I have the choice not to download Canola or use the Maemo repo's, i know.
But that would render my N800 useless, for me that is.
Will you refund me my n800 ?

(are they running IIS perhaps ? in that case I understand and feel sorry for them.)

Last edited by Dopehead.NL; 2007-12-20 at 20:24.

GreySim: thanks for the config file info; mplayer I confirm is now being used.

barbieri: Unfortunately I'm getting a failure dialog: "Unable to install ogg-support-lightmediascanner".

Any thoughts?

Dopehead.NL: Sorry, I don't know what to say except have a little patience? Maemo.org clearly wasn't configured for the amount of traffic that it's getting, but maybe the events of the OS2008 release and now the Canola release will send Nokia a signal that they need to upgrade their servers or their available bandwidth or something. I wouldn't be surprised if the server becomes more reliable after the initial buzz of the Canola release cools down a bit. Try again in a few hours maybe? I couldn't get it at ALL this morning when I first heard about the release, but after an hour or so, things improved a bit, and when I had to reinstall for a mistake I made, it went faster still the next time. It'll probably jump up and down for a while, but it'll settle down eventually I bet. If nothing else, maybe Nokia will give us new servers for maemo.org for Christmas. :P

The Following User Says Thank You to GreySim For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dburr10085 View Post
So did I remove canola from my 770HE for nothing. Is it true that this wont work on that OS
I have a 770 with OS 2007 HE, and it would not work for me earlier, or at least one other person. Support should be coming soon though, although I have no idea when. I hope before Christmas, but I have no idea. I hope I just made a mistake though, and that someone else proves me wrong!

Closed Thread