Posts: 96 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denver, CO -> Italy
Someone know if it possible to run a simple script for turn the backlight on and off?
like a script that I can run with baconwidget?

sometime the phone does not tunr the light on and is quite annoing...

thanks

Nico

i can report that I have had this problem too... but successfully resolved simply by switching off, taking battery out for a couple of minutes (not seconds) and then restarting the phone.

It does seem that fcam is a suspect here...I use it as well and I have a feeling the keyboard light stopped working after I had been using it and it had crashed.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by S0urcerr0r View Post
yeah... fixing the keyb lights and status led after FCAM requires pulling out the battery for a few minutes... its not enough with only a few seconds.
Worked for me as well. I left the battery out for about 5 minutes or so. When I rebooted the phone, it prompted me to enter my regional prefs and date/time, etc. as though it was fresh out of the box.

Last thing I did before the keyboard and notification LED stopped working was install Titan's latest FCam driver after updating to the .44 release of his kernel.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by nicorumiz View Post
baconwidget
Now there's a widget I'd like to see.

Originally Posted by nicorumiz View Post
Someone know if it possible to run a simple script for turn the backlight on and off?
like a script that I can run with baconwidget?

sometime the phone does not tunr the light on and is quite annoing...

thanks

Nico
This script may help, My personal script to turn on/off keypad Iights.

disableEm.sh: Remebers the last state the keyboard was in when you activate it. If Keyboard slider was closed, the keyboard Lights would turn off. If Keyboard slider was opened, the keyboard Lights would stay on.

EnableEm.sh Returns everything back to normal.

Please note that this would not help the keyboard issue of this thread, that fix is mentioned on pg4
Attached Files
File Type: zip Disabler.zip (1.1 KB, 283 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
Even I had noticed that my phones keyboard back light and other notification led light was not working. As suggested above simply removing battery for 20+ sec and then restarting phone worked.

Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
This script may help, My personal script to turn on/off keypad Iights.

disableEm.sh: Remebers the last state the keyboard was in when you activate it. If Keyboard slider was closed, the keyboard Lights would turn off. If Keyboard slider was opened, the keyboard Lights would stay on.

EnableEm.sh Returns everything back to normal.

Please note that this would not help the keyboard issue of this thread, that fix is mentioned on pg4

When I run the script it tells: Permission denied.

and yes, i'm in root!

I had the same problem...did everything written here...and it's back to normal.
thanx guys...you're just amazing...

Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
-_-, not sure if this would work as I've never had this problem, however I do turn my kb lights off on purpose, to save battery when gaming. You guys can try this:

Go to mce.ini and look for this line:
Modules=display;keypad;vibrator;led;battery;filter-brightness-als;inactivity;alarm;accelerometer;callstate;camer a;homekey;audiorouting

Remove the word 'keypad' to make it look like this:

Modules=display;vibrator;led;battery;filter-brightness-als;inactivity;alarm;accelerometer;callstate;camer a;homekey;audiorouting

(All this does is take off keypad lights.)

Restart the phone and remove the battery. Now turn it on again.

Go back to mce.ini and re-add the word keypad to the line
e.g

Modules=display;keypad;vibrator;led;battery;filter-brightness-als;inactivity;alarm;accelerometer;callstate;camer a;homekey;audiorouting

(This returns keypad lights.)

Turn phone off again, take out battery for about 15 more seconds and switch the n900 on again.

There's no guarrantee it would work though...
Thanks it worked

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
I did everything in this thread but it failed . Is there any new solution ?