Notices

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Go to settings, advanced, opera keyboard, and set it to "never".

That should fix your problem!

Ohrn, are we getting a (new) build for Harmattan aswell?
That did the trick. Thanks quoting on forums is easy again

opera is the best browser and the one i use 90% of the time on maemo.. however i have just 1 huge gripe that annoys me quite a lot and annoys me frequently:

whenever i download something opera presents me with 'pictures' as the default download directory, and i have to select the corret download directory everytime.

Is there any way to at least change the default download dirdctory, or can anything be done codewise on the back end so it remembers the last used download directory?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marbleuser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i find myself wondering if Opera corrupts cookies when my N800 runs short on ram. At least it seems to insist on me logging into various sites afterwards where i was logged in beforehand.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Hi Guys,
what happened to the latest Opera v11.50.14?
i cannot login to Opera Link anymore, setting to "i have an account", putting my login-information in an pushing login, but nothing happens except the popup showing "logging in", there it stucks an nothing happens anymore, i can only cancel login...
need all my links from desktop Opera...
i have no errors when starting opera from x-term...

pls help

Russe

i think there is a mentions of issues with massive bookmark lists or something.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
@Ohrn:
Opera mobile 11.x uses a lot more of memory compared with 10.1 on large pages.
Try to load the bash or awk html manual. Works fine in 10.1 but 11.x eats all the RAM and swap available, making the N8x0 unusable because swap trashing.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
is there a way to make text selection based searches open in a new tab?

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
hi guys, seems like opera's become a resource hog today... dunno why... i only had three tabs opened and cutetube without playing or downloading anything and the system slowed down to the point of being unusable. i had to remove my battery to restart, my first time with the N900...
tried it again after restarting, had an xterm window open, conky, and three tabs on opera (two vbulletin forums and raspberry pi faq page), then the phone restarted after another slow down...
could it be the CSSU update? could it be Mobile Hotspot (not running when things happened) which i installed earlier? or is it just opera?
not really sure which thread to post this but seems like opera's the system hog, not sure if it's the one to take full responsibility.
hoping for some answers. thanks!

Last edited by vetsin; 2011-11-21 at 12:23.

sometimes i wish i could zoom a page out beyond 100%, as some mobile pages becomes very wasteful in landscape...

Is Opera Mobile in development for N9?

Are there any working versions?

Tags
fast browser, opera