Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by petur View Post
feedingit: Depends: qt4-declarative-qmlviewer but is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
Hmm, sounds like another package is conflicting with this (maybe the latest CSSU Qt update?). Try from the command line:
apt-get -f install
And that should tell you which package it is conflicting with.
qt4-declarative-qmlviewer is only there for the "preview" qml interface (which I don't recommend using anyway), so you could force the upgrade if you're so inclined (I'll push an update to remove the dependency).

@jer006: as Neal mentions, the N9 version is coming. It's still got a few odds and ends I'd like to tweak before releasing a beta version.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Awesome, great news. Thanks.

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
0.9.1-2 soon in Extras-devel. It removes the qmlviewer dependency, and fixes an issue with updating feeds containing old articles.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
0.9.1-2 feeds load faster than in 0.8. Very nice. Individual feeds update fine but collectively "update feeds" does not work. Anyone else see this?

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
0.9.1-2 feeds load faster than in 0.8. Very nice. Individual feeds update fine but collectively "update feeds" does not work. Anyone else see this?
Can you do a big update and then post the output of

~/.feedingit/logging/update_feeds-*.log

Note: Starting with version 0.9, FeedingIt is Woodchuck enabled! If you install the murmeltier server, it will cause FeedingIt to automatically update its feeds in the background when it is convenient (based on e.g. power, WiFi accessibility, user activity). As Woodchuck is only a soft dependency, you need to install it explicitly to profit from it.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
The last "Update All" I ran (via 3G) didn't update anything, no. There may have been some network issues then though (the Skype connection had dropped as well). It did update fine over WLAN afterwards though (using Woodchuck).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
The last "Update All" I ran (via 3G) didn't update anything, no. There may have been some network issues then though (the Skype connection had dropped as well). It did update fine over WLAN afterwards though (using Woodchuck).
It would be great to see the logs around the time that you tried to update over 3G.

~/.feedingit/logging/*.log

Thanks

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by neal View Post
It would be great to see the logs around the time that you tried to update over 3G.

~/.feedingit/logging/*.log

Thanks
Looks like it was just timeouts & name resolution failures. I've just rerun an "Update all" over 3G and that worked without any issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Here is the error log. There is not an update log of any sort generated. In my case both wifi and gsm fail to update.
Attached Files
File Type: txt feedingit.txt (632 Bytes, 70 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Here is the error log. There is not an update log of any sort generated. In my case both wifi and gsm fail to update.
When you say that there is no update log generated, do you mean that the directory .feedingit/logging is empty? Can you please post the output of dpkg -l feedingit.

Looking at the error message: could it be that the error occurs when updating the archived articles, but not when updating other feeds?

The Following User Says Thank You to neal For This Useful Post: