Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
any news abt the update???

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Tashkent, Uzbekistan
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][FONT="System"]
Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
Why dont you blacklist phone-ui in the transitions.ini file?
works for me.
Guys, for those of you who have that nasty "no red reject button" problem.
Actual problem is not with landscape orientation of the incoming call screen, it works fine (two buttons are there one after another). The problem occur then you set phone app to portrait mode. Upon receiving call the screen is not displayed as a portrait, it only show big green "answer" button and only thin red line below it. This deformed display is not genuine landscape, but rather deformed portrait.
Once again, landscape orientation works fine, the problem is with deformed display of portrait orientation. However, if you leave the device showing the list of recent calls in portrait mode you new incoming call will be shown in perfect portrait. Strange, huh? But if you leave it at the desktop new incoming call is displayed wrong (no red button).

Now, the fixing of this one. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to fix it. I've tried everything already:
1. phone_ui and rtcom-call-ui in blacklist of transitions.ini
2. ui_can_rotate command (true and false)
3. desktop_orientation_lock (true and false)

As of now, I don't see the way to fix it, so using landscape orientation of the phone app.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kosyanenko Vlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Kosyanenko Vlad View Post
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][FONT="System"]

Guys, for those of you who have that nasty "no red reject button" problem.
Actual problem is not with landscape orientation of the incoming call screen, it works fine (two buttons are there one after another). The problem occur then you set phone app to portrait mode. Upon receiving call the screen is not displayed as a portrait, it only show big green "answer" button and only thin red line below it. This deformed display is not genuine landscape, but rather deformed portrait.
Once again, landscape orientation works fine, the problem is with deformed display of portrait orientation. However, if you leave the device showing the list of recent calls in portrait mode you new incoming call will be shown in perfect portrait. Strange, huh? But if you leave it at the desktop new incoming call is displayed wrong (no red button).

Now, the fixing of this one. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to fix it. I've tried everything already:
1. phone_ui and rtcom-call-ui in blacklist of transitions.ini
2. ui_can_rotate command (true and false)
3. desktop_orientation_lock (true and false)

As of now, I don't see the way to fix it, so using landscape orientation of the phone app.
((font what?))
I don't use portrait (actually I kinda dislike this feature pretty much) - except for phone/dialer.
My setting is:
ui_can_rotate = false
phone screen orientation (in phone menu) = portrait

I never get any problems with dialer [accept] rendering, obviously as my dialer always is in portrait mode.

IIRC somebody at #maemo-ssu said the black/whitelist has or should have 3 options per app: portrait|landscape|don't_mess_with_nokia_setting
AIUI, as black/whitelists override the global settings, there should be a 4th one: "I'm not here" aka "this entry is mere comment", rendering the app as if it wasn't mentioned in B/W-lists thus obeying to global orientation-lock etc. [edit] This suggestion based on my interpretation of "don't_mess_with_nokia_setting" as to *never* mess with nokia defaults for the orientation of this app, not even when orientation-lock got set.[/edit]

cheers
/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2011-11-15 at 09:33.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
((font what?))
I don't use portrait (actually I kinda dislike this feature pretty much) - except for phone/dialer.
/j
I only used portrait for the phone app as well. In the rest case landscape is sweet thing to use. However, now I have to use landscape in phone app as my portrait is screwed

I've tried your advise (setting phone app to portrait and ui_can_rotate to false), but it doesn't work still

Anyway, thanx for help.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by Kosyanenko Vlad View Post
I only used portrait for the phone app as well. In the rest case landscape is sweet thing to use. However, now I have to use landscape in phone app as my portrait is screwed

I've tried your advise (setting phone app to portrait and ui_can_rotate to false), but it doesn't work still

Anyway, thanx for help.
try this...
disable orientation lock from the status menu and in xterm type

sudo gainroot
gconftool -st bool /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate false

Originally Posted by knobby View Post
try this...
disable orientation lock from the status menu and in xterm type

sudo gainroot
gconftool -st bool /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate false
I've tried, thanx, no result

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
I've been stumbling over this today, and for me the problematic settings was if I had the gconf key /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/desktop_orientation_lock true

so in order to achieve the same lock whilst not killing my dialer I used
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/desktop_orientation_lock -t bool false
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool false

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
I've been stumbling over this today, and for me the problematic settings was if I had the gconf key /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/desktop_orientation_lock true

so in order to achieve the same lock whilst not killing my dialer I used
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/desktop_orientation_lock -t bool false
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool false
Man, you're the man!
It works fine for me. Now the whole device is in landscape and my phone app is in portrait with perfect "answer" and "reject" buttons.
Thanks, dude.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
can some one tell me how I can uninstall the SSU\

If we're talking about portrait mode blacklist/whitelist:

maacruz, do You remember about issue with certain fullscren programs (games, mostly) being rotated to portrait, despite being in blacklist and/or having correct flag in .desktop file? Or this fix was "missing in action"?

If I remember correctly, during IRC talk You told me that You know what is causing this, and how to fix it in next CSSU update - I'm just reminding on it, in case missing due to being said on IRC, especially, that I haven't seen any mention about this fix, outside mentioned IRC. I quite distrust so "vanishable" means of communication...

Thanks in advance, and sorry for being pedantic

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade