Active Topics

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Had a disappointment moment earlier.

Was trying to receive a SIP call from a friend of mine overseas, he was on Android (2.3?) using the native SIP support (and then later using sipdroid), and I was on my N900.

First up, he couldn't answer my calls. Something about unsupported codecs, and the error I got was "Unauthorised call". So I got him to ring me, and all three of my devices rang: Both my N900s, and my old N95. My N900s however just gave silent calls. Nothing at all. My N95 however? Worked first time.

At one point we got cut off, and when I called him back on the N95, the call quality actually was better than when he rang me. No luck whatsoever with the N900s. SIP calls have worked fine for me in the past, I've never had problems like this before.

We were both using the same SIP provider (sipgate), I'm in the UK and he's in the states, and we're both on Wifi through to broadband. Any ideas what a) the codec issues were that prevented me calling him, and b) why sound didn't work when he called me?

Makes me sad my old 5 year old device out performs (robustness-wise) my current one when this was supposed to be one of the things it did better

Tags
problems, sip client, sipgate