Active Topics

Poll: What color & model is your N9?
Poll Options
What color & model is your N9?

i wanted a blue 64gb N9 but couldnt find one or wait for one black it is... the blue one looks sweet

I just got a Black 64GB SIM-free

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
I still have the idiot idea in the back of my mind to buy a 16gb cyan and transplant the case onto my 64gb black.
I do love the smell of voided warranties in the morning.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Despite the number of participants in this poll being just a small-small representation of the real number of people who have gotten the N9, I find it a little surprising that as of this message, the 16 GB Magenta model has gotten so little votes (0 as of this message).

Very interesting.

My hypothesis is:

a) Most of the people willing to fork $700-900 USD on just a phone are going to be guys, not girls, and magenta = pink, a socially girly color (disclaimer: as a guy, I think there's nothing wrong with liking pink, I for one, like pink formal shirts in suits).

b) Of the minority of females that do seem to have an interest in gadgets that is big enough for them to fork 700-900 on a "non-supported" device, it is my appreciation that this subgroup of females usually do not relate to the stereotype of the girly-hello-kitty-kind and they opt for more masculine aesthetics.

I think those two reasons above explain why the Magenta option is the lowest picked choice among buyers. From a sales standpoint, very telling about the market demographics, don't you think?

Last edited by rdelfin; 2011-11-16 at 15:44.

Originally Posted by rdelfin View Post
Very interesting.

My hypothesis is:

a) Most of the people willing to fork $700-900 USD on just a phone are going to be guys, not girls, and magenta = pink, a socially girly color (disclaimer: as a guy, I think there's nothing wrong with liking pink, I for one, like pink formal shirts in suits).
Nahhh, look at the number of females with S2 & Iphone - lots. The N9 do look sexy ya know

Let me give you a hint.....
1) 64GB is popular, but only available in black
2) N9 is for those who dare to explore, not those who's wondering what in the world is Meego

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
I wanted to get the Cyan 64 - but it's not to be seen. The Black 64GB version came available, so I bought it.

Still would have preferred the Cyan 64 - but the black screen against the black body does look very good.

Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
I still have the idiot idea in the back of my mind to buy a 16gb cyan and transplant the case onto my 64gb black.
I do love the smell of voided warranties in the morning.
As long as you have $$$ for cyan N9, the case swap can be done in 10-15 minutes, depending on how steady your hands are. Removing the screen from the case is rather easy, it on has like 2 or 3 screws holding it.

The Following User Says Thank You to erzhik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
I personally think that the white model with its glossy finish and the bold contrast of the white body with the deep black of the screen does not do any favors to the aesthetic of the device.
As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder - I personally cannot stop drooling over it I'm a big fan of clean colors, high contrast, and such, especially white-black combo as my car could prove

Voted for White N9 tho I still don't have it - will get it the first day it appears in any shop in my vicinity, so it's as good as mine

The Following User Says Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
guys what you think of getting black n9 and use soft cover blue? Will you still notice that it is a black n9? Currently only black n9 is available at expansys.

The Following User Says Thank You to chase15 For This Useful Post:
Despite the number of participants in this poll being just a small-small representation of the real number of people who have gotten the N9, I find it a little surprising that as of this message, the 16 GB Magenta model has gotten so little votes (0 as of this message).

Very interesting.

My hypothesis is:

b) Of the minority of females that do seem to have an interest in gadgets that is big enough for them to fork 700-900 on a "non-supported" device, it is my appreciation that this subgroup of females usually do not relate to the stereotype of the girly-hello-kitty-kind and they opt for more masculine aesthetics.

I think those two reasons above explain why the Magenta option is the lowest picked choice among buyers. From a sales standpoint, very telling about the market demographics, don't you think?
well.. i have female friends that prefer the cyan over magenta.. so yes

i think the market for the magenta is more of the younger female teens... and possibly the mothers that want to be hip
the only problem is, these young females dont have a job to make an acquisition of such a phone nor will their parents buy it for them.
As for the mothers... well... they most likely arent that interested in gadgets, so they would be following the trend (iphones) or be opting for the simple phones, just to make phone calls

it would be nice if, once they release more colours, to go to a store, pay a small amount of cash to change the colour...
i really want an orange device... it would be smexsy

The Following User Says Thank You to toki For This Useful Post: