Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
For all you who where able to download canola2 today ...

I hate you!

LOL

And my comeback: For all those of you who didn't download Canola, and didn't waste hours fighting Nokia's broken software distribution system, and got some productive work done, I hate *you*!

Originally Posted by barbieri View Post
I added bold around decided because: have you thought about the possibility of having no other option? ;-)
Bullsh1t! Folks have been able to take the firmwares and rehost them VERY EASILY on other servers with more bandwidth.

Originally Posted by barbieri View Post
Unfortunately that was the case, and we're paying the price (it's a beta, we want feedback about our software, not about repos giving 404 all the time)
Wow, if no one can install your goddamn application then don't expect much feedback other than "it won't download".
While you might have decent programming skills, your network engineering skills need a serious amount of work.

Forget Canola2, I can't even re-install my apps after having installed the OS2008 update. Talk about a big tease

I hear ya, e-motion. I'm psyched for Canola, but I haven't been able to re-install ANY apps after updating. That is the most difficult part about all this. I'm stuck with a stock machine. Had I known I would have these issues for a couple of DAYS, I never would have upgraded.

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Canada
Their servers choke 1 day before I go down south for the holidays. Looks like the n800 wont be coming on this trip... I hope, but also doubt everything will be fixed by tommorow.

well if i was smart i would have made backup of my nice os2007 which had all kind of good stuff installed, and i restore right now till things cool down. yet, because i'm stupid i did not make a back and i'm stuck with os2008 with no chance of getting apps for sometime.

I've installed Canola2 this morning, this afternoon I reflashed my tablet and now I can't download it, HAHA!

I knew this was going to happen but the popup finger keyboard was (and still is) going to kill me!

Oh Lord, I love my tablet and everything in between but sometimes... ARRRG!

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by amigokin View Post
I've installed Canola2 this morning, this afternoon I reflashed my tablet and now I can't download it, HAHA!

I knew this was going to happen but the popup finger keyboard was (and still is) going to kill me!

Oh Lord, I love my tablet and everything in between but sometimes... ARRRG!
You're saying you DO or DON'T get the fingerboard? I can't for the life of me get the fingerboard to come up save for the d-pad. Freakin annoying as HELL. I'm tempted to go back a few versions and do a restore.

Since the Canola developers are worthless at being able to host anything, anyone want to host a tarball I created with everything packed up?
Luckily I was able to download it from somewhere other than Maemo's worthless servers.

Closed Thread