Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Yup, same here. I include a screenshot of the CSSU setting dialog. Buttons have no "button" or outline. Thought it was an install problem but re-installed and it persists. Any ideas or workarounds?
did you install enhanced bussybox shell, if yes try to remove them

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to takada For This Useful Post:
why? Have You tested and confirmed, that it's busybox-power fault? If yes, we need to report it to iDont.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Germany
At least busybox-power 1.19.3power1 does not cause this problem.

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
theme customizer?

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
I quite didn't understand what you said, so let me ask:

Is there any improvement re modest crashes in last CSSU update. Or it is worse than before update? Also, is there any chance to install debug libraries and to capture gdb backtrace of a crash?

EDIT:
And have you installed libtinymail .deb I've attached here (in a post about 2 months ago) before update to last CSSU.
After updating from 16.8 to 21.2011.38-1maemo1 (this is the version "About Community SSU" is telling me, shouldn't there be a 1Tmaemo1?) it was way worse.

It has become better now after unchecking "enable offline IMAP support for this account" (I see it in German, don't know what it says in English) and has so far disappeared after deleting local cache for IMAP in /home/user/.modest/cache/mail/imap/<profile folder>/folders/

I have not installed that libtinymail.deb afaik. I had installed offline IMAP support from this thread before even switching to CSSU - meaning also before installing 16.8. That patch as I understand has been included in CSSU by July or so.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
After updating from 16.8 to 21.2011.38-1maemo1 (this is the version "About Community SSU" is telling me, shouldn't there be a 1Tmaemo1?) it was way worse.

It has become better now after unchecking "enable offline IMAP support for this account" (I see it in German, don't know what it says in English) and has so far disappeared after deleting local cache for IMAP in /home/user/.modest/cache/mail/imap/<profile folder>/folders/

I have not installed that libtinymail.deb afaik. I had installed offline IMAP support from this thread before even switching to CSSU - meaning also before installing 16.8. That patch as I understand has been included in CSSU by July or so.
Hmm, is it possible then that database/cache was corrupted/incompatible because of modest you were using? Not saying so, just wondering.

Anyway, glad to see it disappeared. I would appreciate if you enable offlne IMAP support in a few days and report back if it is stable.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
why? Have You tested and confirmed, that it's busybox-power fault? If yes, we need to report it to iDont.
I already reported the issue in the busybox thread (with an analyzes of what goes wrong).

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=151

Last edited by ade; 2011-11-24 at 15:58.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
I already reported the issue in the busybox thread (with an analyzes of what goes wrong).

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=151
OK. Thanks. would someone point me to tips as to how I can revert to a previous version of a software - do I have to remove the whole thing and get the old one from the interface directly? If installing from the interface, are depends done automatically? Or, can I do the re-installing with FAM?

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
OK. Thanks. would someone point me to tips as to how I can revert to a previous version of a software - do I have to remove the whole thing and get the old one from the interface directly? If installing from the interface, are depends done automatically? Or, can I do the re-installing with FAM?
Just look at the last few posts in that thread where I answered that question. And IDont is investigating the problem as we speak (see the last post over there).

edit: no need for downgrading, Idont just released a new version which has a workaround.

Last edited by ade; 2011-11-24 at 20:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
I finally found the time todo the indept checking for a complete changelog, can be found in the wiki as usual:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Changelog#T-maemo1

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade