Active Topics

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
@freemangordon
Bingo! Confirmed, that installation of busybox-power cause "mysterious" ancient_legendary_epic_f****n "shutdown instead of reboot" bug (courtesy of don_falcone, he did tests). to be more precise, combination of kp + cssu + busybox-power does. No testes were made without CSSU or KP, but KP + CSSU alone doesn't cause this issue.

I'm sure, that iDont will fix it ASAP - still, any info about possible "why it happen" may be helpful, so feel free to posts Your finding here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72801

/Estel
This time you were way too quick. I wrote that while still running on original busybox 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5 the device doesn't reboot.
Attached Images

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-11-28 at 21:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
ive had the reboot problem on and off for about a year with and without bbp, kernel power, cssu thou i belive it was around the cssu time that i stopped trying it because it allways just turned off or kinda rebooted to the multiboot screen or nokia screen depending on keybord open this isnt a new bug to me

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
hi guys,

after update to kp49 my battery consumption gone wild...
the cpu usage seems to be very good...

any help, tips or hints? ( maybe the battery lifetime reached? )

btw. powertop seems to be good:

C0: 0,5%
C1: 0,0%
C2: 3,0%
C3: 5,5%
C4: 91,0%

Last edited by StocChr; 2011-11-29 at 07:41.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by StocChr View Post
hi guys,

Can't help you man. I recently upgraded form KP48 to KP49, deinstalled speedpatch and batterypatch prior to upgrading, and my conclussion is that it handles very well battery consumption.
It's quite close to what I used to get with batterypatch (which brought me better battery life at that moment).

It's not a general issue, so try to find what's different on your device.

hey, nice that my info about busybox-power is somewhat helpful
my problem about having kernel-power48 and kernel-power49 is kind of resolved by myself - it looks there's no modules dir for KP48 - so almost no cleaning needed

keep the work awesome

PS: there was an offtop about advancement of my knowledge and abilities. So I'm rather advanced on computers (know all basic usage, some advancement usage and some of programming), but I'm quite new to unix type operating systems (such as linux and BSD), so I have most basic abilities, and some of medium/advancement that was either similair to my previous knowledge or was just handy that it would be sorry to not acknowledged and used

Last edited by majaczek; 2011-11-29 at 11:03.

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by StocChr View Post
hi guys,

I assume you tried a reboot? I ones had the issue that the battery was almost empty overnight, without significant CPU usage. After a reboot it didn't return.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by ade View Post
I assume you tried a reboot? I ones had the issue that the battery was almost empty overnight, without significant CPU usage. After a reboot it didn't return.
Or even better power-cycle (with battery removal)

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
i give it a try... reboot with battery removal
let you tomorrow know what happend

I have got a problem installing kp49.......
I am currently having kp48 and kp48 boot image but when updating to kp49 it says can't update conflcting with application package kp48 boot image

and when i try to update kp49 bootimage it says can't update as kp49 breaks third party software policy.......

plz help

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
This time you were way too quick. I wrote that while still running on original busybox 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5 the device doesn't reboot.
Oh, goddamnit. Communication fail - I was sure that Your post on busybox-power thread mean busybox-power. Well...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou