Notices

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
I have 0.2.0-2 working on my side but I think I had to downgrade some of the pyside library.
basically, I have removed python-pyside* and installed alarmed again (from extra-testing). But if you removed alarmed, and do an apt-get autoremove (or remove, or autoclean, not sure which one is needed as I am just a noob), that should be enough except if you have another application depending on python-pyside !

Hi guys.

I believe this is a right thread, so here's my question: does anyone know how to open the camera app and take a shot with delay using alarmed?

You probably want to search for how to use control the camera from the command line or script. Here is a thread on the subject:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38149

The Following User Says Thank You to rfeese For This Useful Post:
Yes, that's the right direction, thanks.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
How can I return the working GUI?
The events previously scheduled by you with Alarmed still function without the Alarmed GUI, because the Alarmed GUI is just an improved editor for a list of commands executed by another program called alarmd which runs them.

So it is expected to still have the scheduled events still work even if there is a problem with Alarmed.

There are a suggestions in the few previous posts, but recently Alarmed would not start for me from the desktop, and when called from Xterminal the message "not found" was returned, I was able to get it working again just by opening the App manager, uninstalling Alarmed, turning off the phone then turning it on again, & re-installing Alarmed.

How can I set cron string to every 4 hours?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by AKEEL View Post
How can I set cron string to every 4 hours?
0 */4 * * * root echo "This is a test"

PS: http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2009/06/...ntab-examples/

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-11-30 at 08:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Is there any fix for the alarmed (no gui display) yet?

If not is there any way I can delete all the alarms set without using gui?

i've been using alarmed since i can remember, but recently i had to reflash my maemo ...

now i reinstaled alarmed 0.2.0-2 and - to my surprise - all of my events were still there.

good thing i thought, but i can't create any new task or edit any existing task.

every time i press new or edit, the ui just crashes to desktop...

anyone know what i'm doing wrong ?

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
I had that happen after a reflash.
I uninstalled Alarmed, restarted the phone, installed Alarmed, restarted the phone, and it was OK.