Originally Posted by giff53 View Post
Sending ping... pong.
made my day...

The Following User Says Thank You to cloudstrife1ph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by giff53 View Post
Thanks for spotting the option to flash only the bootloader. The doc is all in here, isn't it?

http://wiki.maemo.org/Flasher

This is the ' above behaviour with matrix of numbers', output of the flasher:

Suitable USB device not found, waiting.
USB device found found at bus 002, device address 003.
Waiting for ASIC id...
Got 69 bytes.
ASIC ID:
05 01 05 01 34 30 07 57 13 02 01 00 12 15 01 df
e3 44 e2 22 fe ec a5 d1 d4 6b e7 53 03 a9 02 87
de 51 6b 14 15 01 87 3b 4d cd ca f5 44 4d 24 ec
b2 ac 95 53 88 41 4f ab cd 66 15 09 01 f7 48 8f
28 a0 27 e5 b3
Sending 2nd image (14720 bytes)... done.
Sending ping... timeout!
failed.
Sending ping... pong.
Sending secondary (109440 bytes)... done.
Suitable USB device not found, waiting.

And yes, that is an old firmware, I was in fact flashing the newest one, just wrote it wrong.

Gonna try now again...
Which is actually a great news, seems you have succesfully cold flashed your n900 and at least TWL chip and SoC are alive. Now try only booloader and if that fails to restore your n900 you can try to flash kernel only. If that fails too you have no option but to flash the whole rootfs. And maybe eMMC too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Which is actually a great news, seems you have succesfully cold flashed your n900 and at least TWL chip and SoC are alive. Now try only booloader and if that fails to restore your n900 you can try to flash kernel only. If that fails too you have no option but to flash the whole rootfs. And maybe eMMC too.
Oh, really?

Ok, so. Now I got that output when giving the option --flash-only=nolo.

I have now repeated it with all options for --flash-only, got the 'good news' each time, btu still the phone would not switch on. But now at least I see the usb sign on the screen, even though it's faded like the nokia logo...

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
now you sholuld be able to flash the kernel use the international version not the country specific version

Last edited by Mike Fila; 2011-12-16 at 13:55.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Now extract zImage(kernel) from firmware and flash it. See flasher docs or ask google on how to extract kernel image from firmware and how to flash kernel only. And as I already told you, if that fails, try to flash the whole firmware. And eMMC if needed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Am I the only one who thinks it's very cute that there's an N900 couple out there?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
now you sholuld be able to flash the kernel use the international version not the country specific version
Mmmm I did not notice the international version, I tried with the US one (actually, I am not entirely sure if my phone is a US or UK version..).
But did I not just flash the kernel by setting --flash-only=kernel?

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Now extract zImage(kernel) from firmware and flash it. See flasher docs or ask google on how to extract kernel image from firmware and how to flash kernel only. And as I already told you, if that fails, try to flash the whole firmware. And eMMC if needed.
Ok, I'll see what I manage to do (I am at work now, without the phone, nor sudo privileges). For what I understood, if I flash eMMC I lose all the data in the phone, right?

Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
Am I the only one who thinks it's very cute that there's an N900 couple out there?
It's more than cute: it's really helpful when you brick one of them

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
yes flashing the emmc will wipe out my docs ..try just the kernel first read the wiki fully ..i know you prolly have several times but read it again ...if you flash the kernel and rootfs you will lose your apps aka combined/fiasco

doesnt matter uk/us look for
RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM

that is pr1.3 there maybe one for pr1.3.1 that is newer but i know for a fact that the one above works ...there have been problems with other versions. If you are installling cssu do not install pr1.3.1 its only a security update and is included in the latest cssu

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM
is the matching emmc data if needed

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post: