Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Marxian, what's the size of the icons? 85x85 or 80x80? Might make you a couple tomorrow for this... it's the least I can do.
Thanks. The icon size is 80x80.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Heh, since everybody is enthusiastically moving forward, I'm also joining the bandwagon.
marxian, will u be hiding all the other icons, except folder icons? I believe this can be done by dynamically editing the .desktop files?
Just for safety sake, xterm and/or settings icon maybe kept visible outside the folder structure also, so that we may rescue the system in case MeeFolders crashes.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
hmmm. can you add the option to hide specific icons? such as ones the user doesnt use? to lessen clutter? thats something I was waiting for for catorise on the N900.

edit - heres a quick folder icon I made
Attached Images

Last edited by F2thaK; 2011-12-17 at 07:27.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Would any of the Novag's Symbian Anna icons be useful (with permission)? Some of these may be suitable for categories.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Just a couple I came up with... had to resist not going straight vector only since it looks more like WP7 (to me)

Will continue to experiment.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Nokia provides a Photoshop template that makes the creation of professional-looking N9 icons really easy. There is a youtube video that takes you through the steps; the templates can be downloaded here (the same files used in the video).

The Following User Says Thank You to noetus For This Useful Post:
Ok, how long is this going to take? Been waiting for 30 minutes already!

Awesome to see there's some workaround in the works before PR1.2.

Originally Posted by noetus View Post
Nokia provides a Photoshop template that makes the creation of professional-looking N9 icons really easy. There is a youtube video that takes you through the steps; the templates can be downloaded here (the same files used in the video).
Yes, I know how to create icons using Inkscape. I just don't have much patience when it comes to graphic design. I only do it when I have to.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Ok, how long is this going to take? Been waiting for 30 minutes already!

Awesome to see there's some workaround in the works before PR1.2.
Initial release is almost ready. I have everything except the hiding of existing desktop icons. I will leave that until later.

My website

GitHub

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
yep. sourced those templates before I started. but that link will help others... thanks dude!