I just tried using pidgin from extras-devel, and it received an incoming call, but was unable to start the call (it displayed the error: "floating point exception" in the terminal.

I receive this same error when I attempt to make a voice call to my desktop.

The Following User Says Thank You to xur17 For This Useful Post:
kevmanoeil,

In case you haven't found it yet, to your q #4: The app is called "Cellular Modem Control Buttons." It puts a "Tablet Mode" choice in the menu dropped down by pressing the power button.

Originally Posted by kevmanoeil View Post
@uvatbc:I have no idea how to do a quote so I'll just answer your questions as 1,2,3,4

1. Google Voice is now allowing incoming SMS from Skype, I got 1 SMS with the code and another 1 24 hours after saying it would be active in 2 hours.

2. So far it's a good solution, haven't had any issues yet.

3. That is unfortunate, maybe a developer would be kind enough to make a hack for it.

4. How do I turn off my GSM radio? Didn't see an option for it.

5. The account I want to log off is yahoo, and I don't want to disable it because all my pictures for the contacts disappear. Is it a bug or is it just my phone?

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
So the question is, why does the call going through Google Voice look different to the n900 phone application than the call coming from Google Talk? Initially, there's certainly different routing involved, but by the time it gets to the n900? There should be a small, easy fix by someone. But by who? Possibly someone in this community.
I am experiencing the same issue. The n900 detects Google Talk calls coming from Google Talk. But it does not detect Google Voice calls forwarded to Google Talk. The same behavior occurs if I log into my Google Talk account via the Jabber plugin on the n900 -- calls from another Google Talk account are detected but calls forwarded from Google Voice to Google Talk are not. Pidgin on my desktop box does detect the calls. And of course the calls come through just fine within Gmail.

It would be wonderful if we could get the n900 to detect calls forwarded from Google Voice to Google Talk, as I find the call quality (e.g., on my desktop within Gmail) is much better than calls routed to IPKALL -> sip number.

Any ideas?

Last edited by mdl; 2011-12-17 at 16:23.

Originally Posted by mdl View Post
I am experiencing the same issue. The n900 detects Google Talk calls coming from Google Talk. But it does not detect Google Voice calls forwarded to Google Talk. The same behavior occurs if I log into my Google Talk account via the Jabber plugin on the n900 -- calls from another Google Talk account are detected but calls forwarded from Google Voice to Google Talk are not. Pidgin on my desktop box does detect the calls. And of course the calls come through just fine within Gmail.
I ran the telepathy debugger and can confirm the following:

1. If "Forward to Google Chat" is checked in Google Voice, my Gtalk account on the n900 receives a packet initiating an audio chat when I call my google voice number.

2. Telepathy gabble chokes on the request and sends back an error: "Unsupported content transport."

3. This is still a bug in more recent versions of telepathy: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=33788

The problem lies in the fact that the xml initiating a Google voice call forwarded via Google talk looks somewhat different than other Google talk audio chats. Getting telepathy to cooperate/receive the call this would require some considerable hacking of the telepathy-gabble package bundled with the n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to mdl For This Useful Post: