Notices

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Quick question here.

In mapping out an eight directional, touch screen D-Pad, what would be better...

Having all of them huddled next to each other, something like this

or space them out a bit differently?

It seems like in that screen shot above, it wouldn't be as easy to do diagonals key presses as it would for the other four directions when using your thumb.

Am I making any sense on this?
I think it would be better to have a 'circular' (ring shaped) D-Pad, with 8 assymetrical sectors (Up/Down/Left/Right bigger than diag's), and so it would be nice to have proximity sensor as a key button so you can play with keyboard closed...

Portrait idea was nice, also. I had thought it before... but without multitouch or no Buttons at all it is also not so useful...

You guys are great!
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

The Following User Says Thank You to strange1712 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Nevinnomyssk
strange1712 right now onscreen keyboard available for diablo(special for n800 without real keyboard)
for n900 i didn't see any sense without multi touch( proximity,zoom+, zoom- and one screen key isn't enough for a lot of games)
You guys are great!
in fact repository version ported only by myself; original authors is Notaz&Exophase can be thanked here

The Following User Says Thank You to bonapart For This Useful Post:
Hello everyone, just installed this today as was having issues with a rom on VGBA (METROID ZERO MISSION) where it was freezing at a certain point (after getting half way through the game) and thought I'd try this emulator instead.

When i select a rom and go to configure I am missing all the screen size options. Any ideas?

Also where does it look for save states? Will a save state file for vgba work with gpsp?

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Do you remember this fake multitouch implementation?

I think that this kind of trick could be used for OSD controls for games with a D-PAD on the left side of the screen and 4 fire buttons (D-DPAD style) on the right. It wouldn't be perfect, but could be used in some games.

dekor savestates not compatible =(
screensize? screenshot may help ( clicking at size show list or not? )

So basically, when I select a rom and press configure I seem to be missing options regarding screensize, so it only runs in tiny view mode lol!

Screenshot:

dekor click to "no scale" ...

*Facepalm* sorry for wasting your time!

Gutted about being unable to restore old save state from VGBA. Looks like I will have to start from beginning

Would the allow for cheats be implemented in the next version.

Also Pokemon Fire Red at start up gives the well known ("The 1M circuit board is not installed" at start menu) which was fix in VGBA by changing save type to flash 128k. Read through the entire thread and permission etc, but i don't think I have this problem as i followed the installation guide/Options. gpSP in built saves states work but Pokemon Fire Red in-game save don't work due to the save error.

Is there any fix for this or hopefully fix in next release.
Thanks in Advance

Last edited by angelo0015; 2012-01-05 at 15:49.

Playing "Batman Begins" at the second scene of the first stage seems to restart the gpsp everytime. Anybody experience that too?

Tags
emulators, games