Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
'Basically a bug fix'? The CSSU has been hailed as a wonderful way to get portrait-mode working, and enable plenty of other additional features. Rarely is it hailed as being "just a bug-fix".
When the N900 was first released, tons of people are crying about there was no portrait support. Later portrait was added to the browser but not other part of UI.

Now the portrait mode is here, but those people, disgruntled or not, have long moved on to other phones most likely. Only those harddcore who already get used to or feel compatible with the landscape UI are still here

I haven't checked this site for months after I felt my N900 had been working fine to me. I came back only after I bought and moved on to the N9. I guess I will try the cssu later as I still love the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to mcdull For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, sometimes it is a good idea to at least look at commit log on gitorious before making such а conclusion. What is "frozen" is not a project, it is CSSU-T maintainership. Because of the way CSSU project was set up in its early days and thanks to MohammadAG not willing to give up on being maintainer of the CSSU-T we have new version ready (but not distributed) since the end of November or so. And it was that way all the time for the last half an year or more - every time it was a battle to find MohammadAG and to convince him to push the new version. It was his laptop cooling fan faulted, it was his internet connection in uni, it was his n950 at customs, etc. etc. And if someone does not believe in my words, he can ask arcean,joerg_rw, merlin1991 or someone else who is active on #maemo-ssu for confirmation
thank you very much for your reply.

as you prolly guessed, I'm no programmer , I am just a follower of you guys.
i follow and use your various N900 projects.

i was just expressing my thoughts on CSSU's progress

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
2. I don't care for portrait mode.
portrait mode comes in handy when you listen to music on the go.
one handed use!

btw, you have the ability to orientation lock. landscape or portrait

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2012-01-12 at 13:21.

I have installed, but there is no support for the queries raised by me.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
modest is fixed and is rock-stable (it was crashing because it was thumb-compiled all the time ).
Glad to hear that,

This prompted me to go through the CSSU stable and testing threads. Still left me with a bad taste.

Now the big question is: does the updated modest depend on *anything* from the CSSU, or can it be installed on top of PR1.3[.1]?

If it can be installed w/o CSSU, can you point me to the .deb? I would be happy to try it!

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
Glad to hear that,

This prompted me to go through the CSSU stable and testing threads. Still left me with a bad taste.

Now the big question is: does the updated modest depend on *anything* from the CSSU, or can it be installed on top of PR1.3[.1]?

If it can be installed w/o CSSU, can you point me to the .deb? I would be happy to try it!

I'm not sure that this is possible, I may be wrong. The point of cssu from the get go was to be able to update packages that could not be updated by a .deb package due to closed source and packages that could be updated this way were not going to be included.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Glad to hear that,

Maybe it is possible with some trickery with dpkg and mp-fremantle-pr though neither tested nor supported.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
I can prolly just upload the binary once I get to installing it. Unless there is some incompatibility with previous config file (or dependencies) should run without probs

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
I can prolly just upload the binary once I get to installing it. Unless there is some incompatibility with previous config file (or dependencies) should run without probs
No need to upload, all CSSU binaries (i.e. debs) are in cssu repo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
So what is stopping someone from installing just the chosen debs (and uninstalling/reverting while we're at it)??? As some fixes are couple-line patches I am sure these do not break dependencies.

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
So what is stopping someone from installing just the chosen debs (and uninstalling/reverting while we're at it)??? As some fixes are couple-line patches I am sure these do not break dependencies.
Nothing I guess.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: