Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Stockholm, SW
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post

Originally Posted by mornage View Post
ICS installed and working well on 3gb partition of eMMC. I only have a few issues:

* I can't seem to get MyDocs mounted in Android (I'm pretty sure I need to edit Fstab but not sure what to)
* I have so far been unable to connect to Wifi - known issues???
* No 3G/GPRS - APN setting are blank and I cannot find a way to add this manually.

All known issues mornage, all known issues *sighs*.
WiFi drops are a known issue in Android. (bug#: 2207)
I just researched a bit and found this.. and It SOLVED the issue!!

These are essential apps:

1. WiFi Fixer Free
2. FXR WiFi fix and rescue
3. WiFi Fixer

..yenjoy!

My devicevolution: Seimens C2, Nokia 6600, Nokia 3230 (red & then black), Nokia 6630 ME, Nokia N73, Nokia N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stryker9 For This Useful Post:
well, hi all

i suppose that all of you guys are over-clocking your devices when on the nitdroid side (at least gamers do, i suppose).
Did anybody had problem with overheat and if yes, what happened to phone, how hi was over-clock, how long was practice of over-clocking, and is there anything that you can do to fix it?

thx

Originally Posted by skoaa View Post
well, hi all

i suppose that all of you guys are over-clocking your devices when on the nitdroid side (at least gamers do, i suppose).
Did anybody had problem with overheat and if yes, what happened to phone, how hi was over-clock, how long was practice of over-clocking, and is there anything that you can do to fix it?

thx
I suggest using power.conf to overclock to about 900MHz at vdd set to 54. If you use SetCPU, it may become difficult to get the slider to get down to 900 (from 1150).

Use ammyt's post HERE.

My devicevolution: Seimens C2, Nokia 6600, Nokia 3230 (red & then black), Nokia 6630 ME, Nokia N73, Nokia N900

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by universe View Post
when using this new nitdroid-installer beta at x-terminal, an error came out asking me whether i want to remove previous nitdroid installed. if yes, i have to reboot the device after that. after reboot, my phone screen application name become weird.for example, calender has become cal_ap_name. what has occurred? HELP!!!!!
People plaese help me. Now i even cannot know what time is it now coz it only show some alphabet on time screen. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..just reflash.

doesnt work, the fixer didnt fix successfully.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by universe View Post
People plaese help me. Now i even cannot know what time is it now coz it only show some alphabet on time screen. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Additional new information:
There used to be a thread where someone offered his/her locales folder. This might have resolved the issue. I pm you a link to mine.

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by stryker9 View Post
WiFi drops are a known issue in Android. (bug#: 2207)
I just researched a bit and found this.. and It SOLVED the issue!!

These are essential apps:

1. WiFi Fixer Free
2. FXR WiFi fix and rescue
3. WiFi Fixer

..yenjoy!
awwww, I want to try them but went back a version last night!!! Maybe I'll repartition my eMMC again and have a second NITDroid partition to play with ICS....

Thanks for the find though

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
nitdroid heats up my phones battery whenever i turn off offline mode. any solution that why it is happening ?

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
nitdroid heats up my phones battery whenever i turn off offline mode. any solution that why it is happening ?
Tried this?

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid